1/32 Ju 88G-6

Pastor John

Many thanks to David Holland who not only sent me some samples but put me onto a company I had never heard of - Eleen's Emporium www.elennsemporium.com. Tel 01531 828009. The dipole sizes should be in 1/32 0.78mm in the centre then 0.6mm then 0.46 mm. This is impossible to do unless one is able to mill out ones own rods but the above company does do an 0.8mm telescopic rod and a 0.4 solid rod to slide into it so it looks like this is going to be the best compromise. One could always mask off the middle and the tips and build up the remaining 0.4mm rod with filler primer? Even one pass would give you a noticable difference if you have done hard edged masking! There was a minimun order charge so I got more rod then I needed for now and it all came to £12.40 with postage etc. The 0.4mm rod comes in packs of 10 where as the 0.8mm rod is sold individually. All rods are 12" long.

post-6828-1266599394.jpg

Attention - Great news!

All the vacuformed bits arrived 2 minutes ago - everything is ready - pre-orders will be sent off today and tomorrow - new orders welcome as soon as I know the exact postage! Now where did my wife go I need lots of help with all that bubble wrap!

Best wishes

John

Super Sweet! :)

-RD

Attention - Great news!

All the vacuformed bits arrived 2 minutes ago - everything is ready - pre-orders will be sent off today and tomorrow - new orders welcome as soon as I know the exact postage! Now where did my wife go I need lots of help with all that bubble wrap!

Best wishes

John

UPDATE

Hi all - sorry about delay - factory doing vacforms cannot find the spinner moulds? The boss remembers them but someone has put them down somewhere? I normally pray for sinners but today I was praying for spinners!

:) :P

awesome work John - you must be getting help from "upstairs"!!!!

;)

Nick

:) John, Thank you for your efforts. I am very much looking forward to receiving this conversion set!!!!!! It looks like this will be a very complete set.

I have been trying to decide which aircraft to model from the decals to be supplied. This all should build up into avery attractive aircraft. :P

Steve O

Hi All got my postage rates completely wrong - didn't thing the kits would wnd up this heavey. I will post a pic latter of all the bits all together but for now here is the low down on prices

Here is the low down on all the prices, got the postage charges way off earlier - the kit is well heavey!

UK

1x kit is £48.00 plus £2.70 2nd class postage

2x kits are £75.00 with £4.50 2nd class postage.

Europe

1x kit is £48.00 plus £5.10 postage

2x kits are £75.00 with £7.80 postage.

Everywhere else

1x kit is £48.00 plus £10.50 postage

2x kits are £75.00 with £16.00 postage.

Additions to order will affect the grams and thus the postage - also not the postage is planned to go up in April I am told

Best wishes

John

Hi all,

Managed to modify Montex canopy masks or else use spare material to get the G-6 hood ready for spraying. I will spray it RLM 66 then RLM 75 and then matt varnish it before masking off ready for spaying the rest of the model. This material is very hard wearing enabling me to sand back an imperfecting along the line of the rear canopy jettison area where the vacuform didnt like the shallow partition

post-6828-1267466030.jpg

A two thickness reflector just didn't look right whereas the three thickness reflector is over scale but I am sure my dipoles are a little over scale anyway so it all irons out if you get my drift. I ended up using a 1.2 inner then a 0.7, followed at the tips by 0.3mm rod - the 0.4 mm I purchased in a pack of 10 from Eileens Emporium worked and is true to scale but the fit was so tight I was ruining half of what I was making. I little groove cut with a disk into the brass dipoles helped give a secure fit but when to locate them on the model????

post-6828-1267466744.jpg

Drat, drat, drat - upon modelling my vacformed spinners recently received - and more importantly recently sent out with a load of orders I discovered that in my hurry to amend the factories loss of my original moulds I had turned not a spinner but a marsh mellow! I have had another spinner turned this morning which is much more like the resin example on the right of the photo and all I can do is send them seperatly when they arrive to those whose orders have been alreadyt dispatched

post-6828-1267467275.jpg

Sorry again for those of you who are still waiting for their kit to arrive but the canopies had bits embedded in them all over the shop and I had to send them back and complain. For those of you who do have your kit - hope it is ok. As for me in-between casting and preaching I have been spraying. Knowing the model would need alot of handling and the paint on the bottom of the gun pod would suffer I decided to get the model on its U/C all be it without wheels to avoid strain on the axles. It took about 2 hours to copy as best I was able the RLM 75 pattern seen in the photos of B4+FA in the Kergero volume 3. I am not convinced that the Extracolour RLM 76 and 75 are the best but it was what I had available.

post-6828-1267896200.jpg

I am not sure why NJG Norwegen continued to use the black underwing marking till wars end - unless that is the published info in many cammo books about it only being used for a few months in mid 1944 is wrong? Anyway it does make for a different look on a Ju 88

post-6828-1267896442.jpg