P-38 Conversion Set?

perry

Perry,

As to conversion for the 38.Weapons shop makes one as to the E,F,G and H.Built tow and their good for anyone who wants to convert the revell to a G or the H model.The weapons shop has the bottom of the nacelles in resin.Jerry has i think two conversions as to a recon version and the F,G,or H model 38 and same as to the right canopy for either in vac.Give him a ring and he'll give u all the info u need.Larry

Kagemusha and Larry, thanks for the intel !

I'll take a look at Weapons Shop Larry, its really a Recon version I'm thinking about doing so I'll take a look there.

Thanks again

Thanks Jerry, pm sent

Thanks Perry but I can't figure out how to return a PM. The recon conversion sets are $15. I am not at my bench right now so I don't have the nomenclatures at hand. You need to specify when you order weather the set is for the early (streamlined nacelles) P-38 or the later P-38J that comes in the kit. If you are doing the early version I also have the backdate for $22. that has the curved windscreen,nacelles and boom intakes. If you want the early conversion and backdate sets I could sell them together for $35 plus $7 shipping.

If you want the late set it's $15 plus $7 shipping.

I now accept paypal.

JR

I have the recon conversion for the P-38j and also the earlier recon conversion for the P38e,etc. Also the backdate to make the J an E,etc and also the M conversion.

JR

No F-4 Jerry? That's what I really need to do; I have a strong urge to do a haze (not synthetic), scheme Lightning one of these days. If worst comes to worst, I'll just have to wait until I stumble upon the CE sets I suppose. :huh: I should have grabbed them when they were readily available, but wasn't interested at the time; figures doesn't it?

Kevin

No F-4 Jerry? That's what I really need to do; I have a strong urge to do a haze (not synthetic), scheme Lightning one of these days. If worst comes to worst, I'll just have to wait until I stumble upon the CE sets I suppose. :) I should have grabbed them when they were readily available, but wasn't interested at the time; figures doesn't it?

Kevin

I may be wrong but I don't think that CE ever did the F-4,I think they did the F-5E. Anyway,I went back to my books that I used to make the sets many moons ago and My sets are the F-5A and the F5E. The F5A could be done with the haze cammo. It is similar to the F-4 in appearence,both having the early,streamlined nacelles. The F-5A was made in much greater numbers that the F-4 and was not a field mod but purpose built at the factory.

JR

I may be wrong but I don't think that CE ever did the F-4,I think they did the F-5E. Anyway,I went back to my books that I used to make the sets many moons ago and My sets are the F-5A and the F5E. The F5A could be done with the haze cammo. It is similar to the F-4 in appearence,both having the early,streamlined nacelles. The F-5A was made in much greater numbers that the F-4 and was not a field mod but purpose built at the factory.

JR

Thanks Jerry. Since I'm already in the middle of two (three, sort of), projects, I'll have to postpone any decision regarding the recon Lightning for the moment. If memory serves correctly though, it was mostly the F-4's that wore the "real" haze paint; I could be mistaken however. If it turns out I can pull it off with an F-5, then you and I will have to do some business. What I never really understood, is why several recon Lightnings added red spinners and shark mouths to their craft; seems to have defeated the whole purpose of the camo that was applied. Oh, and CE did do the F-4.

Kevin

post-8159-1256657901.jpg

Thanks Jerry. Since I'm already in the middle of two (three, sort of), projects, I'll have to postpone any decision regarding the recon Lightning for the moment. If memory serves correctly though, it was mostly the F-4's that wore the "real" haze paint; I could be mistaken however. If it turns out I can pull it off with an F-5, then you and I will have to do some business. What I never really understood, is why several recon Lightnings added red spinners and shark mouths to their craft; seems to have defeated the whole purpose of the camo that was applied. Oh, and CE did do the F-4.

Kevin

I wonder how CE did all of those mods with the same set. It's been a while but I thought that the F-4 was different from the 5? Oh wellanother senior moment.

I see what you mean about the painting on the haze pattern a/c,it would seem to nulify the cammo effects but it does make for a very cool looking plane!

JR

• LSP_Kevin changed the title to P-38 Conversion Set?