Zero cockpit

spacewolf

Howdy Gents,

Eduard set 32 585 is the printed set for the Model 21 interior. There are also 32 162 for the exterior and 32 161 for the engine. The engine set has a flaw. Parts 26 and 23 represent handles on the engine cylinders. The Sakae 12 motor of the Type 21 Zero did not have these handles. They are present on the Sakae 21 motors of the Type 22, 32 and 52.

Cheers!

Greg

Vaughn, are you looking at this for the 21st C kit? I have to say that the kit cockpit is worth taking the time to clean up and install. As a rip off of the Tamiya M2 pit its complete except for some of the levers n what not. If you get a copy of the tamiya insturctions you can make up the bits and install them yourself and save a few bucks. One thing, though, get a set of MDC or Mike Grant Instrument decals as the panel has only holes for the insturments. I just applied a drop of gloss black but with a bit of work you could put the decals in instead.

Sabre

Vaughn, are you looking at this for the 21st C kit? I have to say that the kit cockpit is worth taking the time to clean up and install. As a rip off of the Tamiya M2 pit its complete except for some of the levers n what not. If you get a copy of the tamiya insturctions you can make up the bits and install them yourself and save a few bucks. One thing, though, get a set of MDC or Mike Grant Instrument decals as the panel has only holes for the insturments. I just applied a drop of gloss black but with a bit of work you could put the decals in instead.

Sabre

You hit the nail on the head. I was kinda surprised to see no decals or instrument faces. The 21st Cen. pit is very nice and if I can find the Tamyia instructions I do want to dress it up. I think the pit is for a M 5 and there are some minor changes to make it right for an M 2 whick is what want to do. Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Vaughn

You hit the nail on the head. I was kinda surprised to see no decals or instrument faces. The 21st Cen. pit is very nice and if I can find the Tamyia instructions I do want to dress it up. I think the pit is for a M 5 and there are some minor changes to make it right for an M 2 whick is what want to do. Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Vaughn

Might be able to help with the Tamiya instructions mate. Once I'm over the line with the Revell Zero, I'll have a spare set I can send on (unless someone closer can help).

Kev

Might be able to help with the Tamiya instructions mate. Once I'm over the line with the Revell Zero, I'll have a spare set I can send on (unless someone closer can help).

Kev

Just a pic or scan would be fine Kev.

Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

Take a look here at the site below, it has a build project and includes an image of the instructions specifically of the cockpit area. It also has a number of clear close up images of the assembled cockpit tub showing the missing detail. I have a 21st Century A6M3 as well and bought eduards 33 001 PE set which includes instruments and many of the missing levers. The parts are an almost perfect fit which is not surprising if what is said about the 21st Century kit being a copy of the Tamiya one is true. I also bought the exterior and engine detail sets, a bit of an overkill but good practice.

http://www.ipmsusa2.org/reviews/Kits/Aircr...iya_32_zero.htm

Good luck, and don't forget to post your progress.

Regards

Brent

Hi Vaughn,

Take a look here at the site below, it has a build project and includes an image of the instructions specifically of the cockpit area. It also has a number of clear close up images of the assembled cockpit tub showing the missing detail. I have a 21st Century A6M3 as well and bought eduards 33 001 PE set which includes instruments and many of the missing levers. The parts are an almost perfect fit which is not surprising if what is said about the 21st Century kit being a copy of the Tamiya one is true. I also bought the exterior and engine detail sets, a bit of an overkill but good practice.

http://www.ipmsusa2.org/reviews/Kits/Aircr...iya_32_zero.htm

Good luck, and don't forget to post your progress.

Regards

Brent

^_^ Holy instrument panel Batman ! :hmmm: Thank you for the link Brent.....for a minute there I thought I was looking at a restored aircraft ! looks like I have some work to do.

Cheers

Vaughn

The 21st C is a copy of the pit from the Tamiya A6M2.

I have finished with mine, so if you send me your snail mail addy I'll post the photocopies to you.

Sabre

46 days n a wake up.

Addy sent, many thanks.

Vaughn