Bf 109E - Frog 1/32

Azgaron

Karl, here's the paint scheme (taken from the box) that I intend to do!

bf_109e_paint_scheme_640x480.jpg

I modified the ammo boxes!

bf_109e_frog_ammo_boxes_640x480.jpg

Total artistic license from memory! smile.gif Noticed I've missed a few thing, but this part will hardly be seen unless I open up the cowl!

Strange, I remember thinking I'll build these two kits ootb, but all of a sudden I just couldn't help myself! biggrin.gif
I'll try to restrain myself a bit though! wink.gif

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

You don't know the power of the dark side...... :)

the path you have chosen will soon show you that you will never again be able to build OOB.....you are forever doomed...it is your destiny to scratch build !

~insert mad laughter~......

:lol:

smile.gif

Well who knows what the future brings! I have a Gripen (or two or three) kit that needs a lot of work!
Perhaps I can take that challenge on, sometime in the future!

Now on to slightly simpler matters! I've slapped on some paint on most of the internal parts!

bf_109e_frog_rlm02_painted_640x480.jpg

The Hase parts can be seen in the background, but with paint on it's getting hard to tell them apart! smile.gif
I accidently broke one "leg" on one of the engine mounts while test fitting! I'll fix that later!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

It's a very thight fit against the air thing on the engine, and when I test fitted it against the fire wall it broke!
Maybe some careful filing on the housing can prevent this problem! You won't see that later as it would be hidden by the leg!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

• 1 month later...

It's very interesting watching this modeling process and I like the way you build your models.

Old editions and in reasonable prices I guess but still nice models and in good scale!

I don't know much about this firm FROG!? But I have very old Matchbox catalog and I remember they had Me 109 E 1:32.

About the uniform color! Yes there is something wrong with this!

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/4255.htm

• 2 months later...

Cool HÃ¥kan! Two builds of the one model, from two manufacturers, in the one Group Build...gotta be a first! This Frog boxing looks to have the same horrible dark green plastic that my Hasegawa version did when I built it. I'll be watching to see how both yours turn out.

Kev

Just as an aside, I picked up a copy of this kit last weekend at the Yeovilton Model Show:
DSC_0001-2.jpg

Been after one for a while as I had one, and horribly messed it up, some 30+ years ago. Seems like a long time, anyway. So I thought Hasegawa bought the moulds from Frog? This one has a familiar stamp on it:
DSC_0005.jpg

Or even closer:
DSC_0006-1.jpg

Did Hasegawa do the moulds for Frog then? Confused!

Patrick