Trumpy Lightning is out

Lancman

I'd love to see some first build shots too.

Like the Lightning and Mosquito ... I seem to be alone in my dis_instrest for these types.

I'm waiting for the big T's Harrier GR-7 in 1/32. :ph34r:

I've just been to the currency converter xe and I get $135 US as £92.9508 GBP???

Oops, how things change!! I was thinking more along the line of 1GBP = about $2 USD of what, 6 months ago??

Guess I can start buying stuff from British suppliers again. :o

Rivet Holes! What is holding on the skins?

Mark.

The air, at Mach 3+.

If anyone isn't sure, the seat was a Mk.4, like the two-seat Hunter, not the single-seaters, which had the 2 or 3. The seat pan was painted a light grey, while the back, headrest, etc., was the usual black. Also, while the F.3 cockpit was the standard grey, the F.1/1A had a black cockpit. My apologies if this is all in the instructions; I haven't seen the kit, yet.

Edgar

Oops, how things change!! I was thinking more along the line of 1GBP = about $2 USD of what, 6 months ago??

Guess I can start buying stuff from British suppliers again. :o

I don't blame you for not getting the amount that time. The prices of everything seem to be all over the place these days. At least us Brits don't 'appear' to be getting ripped off this time (touch wood!).

Question is.......is it just us Brits who are paying more?

I used to do quite a lot of Ebaying around the world. My experience is that most airfix kits are cheaper in the UK than anywhere else in the world.(excluding swap meets) For Trumpeter,Hasegawa you guys n gals appear to pay heaps more unless someone has a sale..

You do have great museums and data on location though. B)

Nice to see a Lightning appear...sentimental favourite for Derek?

Cheers Matty

I used to do quite a lot of Ebaying around the world. My experience is that most airfix kits are cheaper in the UK than anywhere else in the world.(excluding swap meets) For Trumpeter,Hasegawa you guys n gals appear to pay heaps more unless someone has a sale..

You do have great museums and data on location though. :lol:

Cheers Matty

Hmm.......possibly. I can't say I've ever found Hasegawa kits that expensive but there again I find it hard to get some of the newer 1/32 Hasegawa kits below say about £30 even on Ebay. I did get the recent Thunderbolt for £25 but you don't see that many appear on Ebay. Same with the larger Trumpeter kits, I don't see many of them on Ebay either. I don't really get them from shops because of the convenience with Paypal.

A 1/32 EE Lightning, oh why oh why are they producing all my favourite kits within a 12 month timeframe... that'll be the Ju88 out the door this year, dam!

Look forward to seeing some more images there Gunny,

Kind Regards

Brent

Cheers Matty

You're not wrong Matty! :lol: :blink: (most completed model Lightnings appear to be too clean, with not enough leaks or staining on the undersides! :unsure:).

I am both happy and sad with this kit...Firstly, very happy beacause at long last we have a (generally) very nice injection moulded polystyrene version of this arcraft in 1/32 scale. Secondly, sad because it is out of my price range, and by the time that it is within that range, they shall probably be all sold out or OOP! :ph34r:

To those that can afford this kit (or obtain it by any other means), well done and enjoy it ;)

Derek

You're not wrong Matty! ;) :) (most completed model Lightnings appear to be too clean, with not enough leaks or staining on the undersides! :)).

I am both happy and sad with this kit...Firstly, very happy beacause at long last we have a (generally) very nice injection moulded polystyrene version of this arcraft in 1/32 scale. Secondly, sad because it is out of my price range, and by the time that it is within that range, they shall probably be all sold out or OOP! :(

To those that can afford this kit (or obtain it by any other means), well done and enjoy it ;)

Derek

I know it's quite expensive Derek but try and put a bit aside every week. I'm not made of money but that's what I'm going to do so I'll have enough in the summer.