Barry

Are you using macro mode on your camera Barry? If so, that's most likely the cause.

Kev

Kevin,

That is exactly what I'm doing and was afraid that was going to be the answer.

I'll have to try some different techniques and see if I can reduce the distortion.

Thanks, Barry

I dont think its your macro doing that but you never know it depends on the camera

But when you crop your pictures you should maintain the aspect ratio i.e 4:6 (might as well check if your camera is in the right aspect as some cameras can use 3:2 mode that is for panoramic shots and make picture look curved)

Hope this helps

Build looks great

Cheers

Neo

I dont think its your macro doing that but you never know it depends on the camera

Macro mode in most cameras will introduce some minor fish-eye distortion. It goes with the territory in any camera where a dedicated macro lense is not involved.

Kev

Solved the camera issue, I use the macro mode but back off and use the zoom, seems to reduce the "bending" effect.

Here are some pics where I've added the Blast Shield to the aft end on the launcher.

post-4217-1284234537.jpg

post-4217-1284234552.jpg

post-4217-1284234562.jpg

Solved the camera issue, I use the macro mode but back off and use the zoom, seems to reduce the "bending" effect.

Here are some pics where I've added the Blast Shield to the aft end on the launcher.

That looks great Barry. I really like your improvements to the rails. We need similar from zacto to go with their AIM-9's. I really like your build wuith the F-8.Can't wait to see it finished.

That looks great Barry. I really like your improvements to the rails. We need similar from zacto to go with their AIM-9's. I really like your build wuith the F-8.Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Kym,

I have been talking with Chris "Zactoman" and seeking his guidance on what will and will not cast well.

I have some more work to do then I’ll send it his way and he is going to cast it and we’ll see where we go from there.

Once we get it tweaked and it can be cast consistently the current plan is to add it to his line.

Stay Tuned!

Barry

Reworked the blast deflector and shield just did have the right look.

Trying to make it one separate piece to capture the hinge detail on the launcher and make it easier to pull from the mold.

:post1:

post-4217-1284328410.jpg

post-4217-1284328425.jpg

post-4217-1284328435.jpg

Thanks Guys,

I hope to make some good progress on the launcher this weekend.

Tim, are you going to do a WIP thread on your F-8C?

Barry

Hi Barry,

Yes I think I will start up a thread this weekend or the next one. I'm rounding up the Furies before their final coating and the pilots need finishing. Then the F-8C gets full attention. I am currently researching the areas to be addressed (your build is a good guide of course) and performing the major surgery (cutting off the nose e.g.).

Best Tim

Hi Barry,

Yes I think I will start up a thread this weekend or the next one. I'm rounding up the Furies before their final coating and the pilots need finishing. Then the F-8C gets full attention. I am currently researching the areas to be addressed (your build is a good guide of course) and performing the major surgery (cutting off the nose e.g.).

Best Tim

Tim,

From what I've read and seen the Fisher set fits very well.

Looking forward to watching your build. :lol:

Barry

Excellent work!

J

Thanks Jerry, coming from a "Master" that’s high praise! :bow:

I’ve been following you P-38 build and you’re doing an awesome job. :closedeyes:

One day when I “Grow Up” I want to build one just like yours.

I’m also an avid admirer of Mr. Kelly Johnson’s genius and sincerely wish Paul Fisher would do a U-2 in 1/32.

We have the P-38, F-80, F-104 we need a U-2 and a SR-71.

Happy Modeling,

Barry