F-4S Phantom

ruzlkampf

Last pic of the night. Gonna mount the inboard slats tomorrow night, and modify the wingtips with sensors and tape lights. Gotta go 'back to work'(so I can print out my decals. Bwhahaha! :) ) tomorrow as my vacation is over. :angry:

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I'm more into building...than taking pics tonight. Glad to see ya'll following along, and showing interest. This little piglet goes into the paintshop on Tuesday. More pics as things of interest come up. Russ

post-4413-1228121499.jpg

Thanks Kevin, It won't look nearly as nice as that Zero you got going on! :P Waiting for the dinner to heat up, so I thought I'd post some pics of the outer slats ON the plane. Yeah, I'm bored. :D But it's getting so close to paint, I can't help but gawk at it everytime I put something new on it. This thing is HUGE! (thank you Matt... :) )

post-4413-1228133502.jpg

Very BZ tonight, so all I have time to show is the inboard slat just layed on top of the assembly. This isn't as far out as it will extend,...but it's where it would balance for a pic. Still working on the airfoil profile before attaching. Gotta go, hope all is well with ya'll. Later, Russ

post-4413-1228222021.jpg

Russ,

This is simply mind blowing work. You are truly an inspiration! A couple of observations: I think on the slatted F-4's the flaps dropped with the leading edge slats. I also think the outer wing tips were different on the F-4S. Kinda like the ones on the F-4E. If you have the CAM slats I believe they give you the wing tips.

And one request: You've just gotta fold those wings! That way you can see the underside of those slats! Like this one: http://www.5053phantoms.com/photos/display...&fullsize=1

Once again, stunning work.

Sincerely,

Crash

Day 16 on this build, and my slats are 99% complete and on the plane. Whoohoo! :rolleyes: Just popping on to show the latest. Doing some minute puttying of the seams, and gawking at my wingtip mods which are next. That's a great link, Crash...shows the wingtip in nice detail. Saved that pic to go with my others. yeah, wish I could have received my CAM outer wing slat/wingtip mod, but I guess they're OOP. Pity. :lol:

post-4413-1228301836.jpg