Im jumpping w/ a F9C-2

mark126804

Ive not been able to build much in the past 3 years, whoever Ive keep an eye on everything going on w/ modeling. Ive always wanted to do a Yellow Winged Bird, but thought it was to hard 'cause of the rigging. I get AMS real bad sometimes, 'cause I work on these thing for a living, so I try to replicate everything I see. Hopefully the Sperrowhawk wont do that to me. It should be a strait up easy build. not to mintion theres not much rigging. When I decided to do this. I jumped right in and started. I got the wheel pants and the wings together, and thought Id better send pics befor going any further. The ref's Im useing are the Ginter book, and some pics that where sent to me( Thanks Les and Ray), and anything more I can find. Ill scrach build the cockpit and add some stuff to the engine and do the rigging and call it done. Why do I feel AMS is starting. Heres the starting piont. Thanks for letting me do this and vent at the same time.

Ok I tried to down load the pic, it (whatever it is) says its to big of a file. :angry:

Mark, Good luck working thru the AMS thing! I'm real curious to see your Bird, as I gots one, and I want to see how she fits and all. Not a lot of paint choices, but a colorful bird, nontheless.

Welcome to the GB Mark! It's nice to see so much variety of subject being tackled for this one.

With regard to uploading photos, the problem you have is that your images aren't compressed enough (perhaps not at all - did you take them off the camera and try to upload them as-is?). The forum software only allows attachments up to 100KB (kilobytes) per post, so reducing the dimensions of your images and then compressing them is essential. I find that keeping them at a maximum of 800x600 pixels is ideal, and with 80% JPEG compression, will normally come in under 100KB pretty easily. Check out our online guide for more information, or ask questions here if you're still having trouble.

Kev

Ok, lets see if this works. This is was Ive started with. Like I said the only ref's are then new Ginter book and about 3 or 4 pictures. Im a slow builder, but I will post pics after each major step. Thanks

post-1145-1223335466.jpg

Mark-

Welcome aboard- I am interested in this kit as well- I also am a mechanic, and I suffer from AMS real bad- It is difficult to differentiate between real life and the hobby some times- but just say no to rivets!!!!!!!

Anyway- lookin forward to what you do with her-

THOR :unsure:

Ive done some work since last post. I did some some scratch building, added some bits and pieces to the cockpit. Had to scratch build the seat (make it more nerrow) added seatbelts. Made the parrascope out of brass and the alt. gun sight out of plastic and added sights from the spare parts box. I should be able to paint later on, once thats done Ill post more pic.

Enjoy

Mark

post-1145-1223954687.jpg

Looks like you've made a good job on the cockpit so far! Looking forward to seeing more of this, I also have the Sparrowhawk kit, though I decided on the Hasegawa BF2C-1 instead for this GB as it's a less challenging build.

Are you still in need of photos, drawings or other reference material? I'm sure I have some photos + colour profiles of the Sparrowhawk somewhere in my book + magazine collection.