F4U-1A Corsair

check 6

Thanks Kev,I was getting ready to put the decals on ,then it hit me I forgot to paint the wing walks on, dummy me :rolleyes: a minor setback :P but I'll get there eventually :blink: anyway back to work ;) got to get things done so I can dull this baby out. :P

Ed ;)

Sweetness Ed!! The only 21st C kits I ever saw were some P-51B's.(already assembled/painted) After trying what you've done with this Corsair, all I have now is a multitude of parts! Gah. :rolleyes: Sure I'll be able to use them somehow-somewhere in the future? heh heh.

Wish I'd had the chance to pick up more of these kits when plentiful,...looks like they have a lot of potential. Looking good buddy, hope ya can sneak it in under the deadline!? Russ

Hey thanks Russ! I appreciate it,LSP Dave was nice enough to move me over here so I can finish this baby up ;) so back to work, wish I could have made the deadline on the carrier build just ran out of time.

Ed B)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick progress update markings have been applied finished up the gear and the exhaust ,still have the gear doors and a few small bits to add still have some clear and weathering to do ,hope to finish this week so since it looks like I'm running out of time again, If LSP Dave, or Kev or one of the moderators could just move me to member builds I'll try to finish this puppy.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ed :)

Done! Looking forward to seeing it finished mate. It's looking great already.

Kev

Many Thanks Mate! Trying to make it by the weekend I hope,thanks for the move also!

Hi Ed,

great effort on a second class kit. Like your work very much. :rolleyes:

Thanks Michael!BTW I've got a few F-86 Pics I'll shoot to you when I get a chance I think you'll like them.

Ed :blink:

• 1 month later...

Well Fellas, I finally got finished with my Corsair ,all the parts that had to be made because they were'nt there or the carpet monster ate them have been put in place ,I'm not the best on weathering[i get carried away and usually flub up a pretty good model] so I opted for light weathering I'd like you guys opinion if it needs more or not anyway tell me what you think

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I enjoyed building this kit even though it took two group builds and moving it three times to finish it :D anyway thanks for looking and the support ;)

Ed B)

Guest Rigor

all right ed,nice work man look's the part ;) i just love these kits ithink i got about 15 or so :D corsair,109,190,zero,stuka B)

you get the pix,and great for the money like i said nice work the paint came out great soooo what's next? :D

Great build up!

I love those kits, cheap, turn out great, and are fun to play with when you are done, just what this hobby needs to get younger kids, and some of us older feloows building again!