FW 190 F8 Airfix 1/24

vvwse4

There are two layers of Future applied and I have done the prophub, do not know if that is the right word.

paint042.jpg

paint043.jpg

The workbench is kind of messy.....

Just let it dry for a day or so.

Rick.

Whoohoo, Go Rick, Go!!! Sorry I haven't had a chance to come by and say howdy more often, but I've been following along since the beginning. :unsure:

I've bought this kit at least 3 times in my lifetime, and it's one of the very few I never finished.(dunno why?) Really enjoying watching you take this model all the way to the finish. Really cool camo job too! Can't wait to see the next progress pics buddy. I'll be watching! Later, Russ

Well, I am actually finishing my Würger!!! Only a small, but nevertheless timeconsuming, things too do list. Never thought I would get this far.

Been putting on some small decals. I used the Hobby Decal dry transfer decals and they are great!! Had some trouble applieing them, some paint got loose, but I think they are top of the bill. Check it out

paint045.jpg

paint046.jpg

paint049.jpg

Installed the tailwheel, the correction I have made conserning the height is good to see now

paint047.jpg

And finished the prop, only need to install it in a proper way.

paint048.jpg

And one of the best things that happened this weekend soo far, got music on the bench!!!

paint050.jpg

Cheers

Rick.

Lovely work Rick. She's looking terrific now. When you say you used the Hobbycraft dry transfers, did you mean Hobby Decal?

Kev

Yes, that is what I ment, sorry about that, I will make the change. It is great stuff isn't it?

Rick.

Got some more work done. Put JR his wheels under it and they look good, need some weathering and a flat coat. I think I got the angle pritty good.

paint053.jpg

paint059.jpg

Finished the seat belts and the cockpit.

paint062.jpg

paint063.jpg

Put on the payload

paint058.jpg

paint056.jpg

Made the gear down indicators

paint054.jpg

Put under the flaps

paint064.jpg

Made a new pitot tube from plastic rod and a hollow needle, it doesn't look that much off in real :P

paint060.jpg

And put on some exhaust stains and smoke from the guns. I hope I did not put too much on it.

paint055.jpg

paint057.jpg

Too bad tomorrow is another working day....

Let me know what you think of it.

Rick.

Hi all,

Small update. Been working the hatches. Got some painting left too do, but it is getting close now.

paint065.jpg

paint066.jpg

paint067.jpg

paint068.jpg

paint069.jpg

paint070.jpg

paint071.jpg

paint072.jpg

paint073.jpg

Slowly moving on

Rick.

Made all of the antenna's on the plane. The Fw190 had a spring attached to the top of the tail and from there a wire ran to a isolator. Also from the canopy there was a small attachmentpoint for the wire to another isolator, from there is was a T shaped antenna that went in the hull just before the tail. Tried to make that.

paint075.jpg

The tailsection.

paint074.jpg

The canopy section. The wire's running on the windscreen is the deicing system for the windscreen.

paint076.jpg

A full vieuw of the antenna.

paint079.jpg

The antenna's on the bottom of the plane.

paint078.jpg

Suddenly the end of my things too do list, which means that the plane is finished.!!!

paint080.jpg

Will try to make decent pictures tomorrow outside in the garden.

Rick.