FW 190 F8 Airfix 1/24

vvwse4

OK, no more Japaneese planes in the stash and a lot of Airfix 190 over here. So I might as well keep going also.

Made the bombrack and the round entrance panel on the bottom of the fuselage

paint004.jpg

paint005.jpg

Made a piece of the cowling fit and glued that one in place

paint003.jpg

An finally tossed some RLM02 around.

paint001.jpg

paint002.jpg

paint006.jpg

paint007.jpg

paint008.jpg

So it looks I am back in buseniss. Kinda fun now with a couple of people working on the same kit.

Rick.

I agree Rick, its interesting to see what others are doing... :huh:

One thing though, always remember that it all done for R&R! :)

I'm still detailing the cockpit, should have something to post by the weekend. :(

Keep up the good work

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I do not know whether this is a update but.....I noticed that the landing gear was not mounted right, so I triede to fix it. Now that was a whise thing too do. :angry:

paint009.jpg

paint010.jpg

I broke the leg. And it is the metal leg from JR ( sorry about that ), well to keep a long story short STUPID!!!!! :P

But fixed it and the gear is still not good but a lot better and I will leave it like this.

paint011.jpg

I have seen some people over here doing wonderfull jobs with rescribing, making stresed panels and stuff like that so I started doing all of that on the old Revell P51B kit. Slow progress on that also and we will see if I get somewhere

paint012.jpg

Back to the 190, I placed the panels in to get it ready for paint. The only panels that did fit were the ones I made, the rest well doesn't quite fit, lets put it mildly. So I am getting close too paint now

paint013.jpg

paint014.jpg

I want to make a real cool scheme, the underside half paint, half bare metal, the upperside standard scheme but painted over that a winterscheme, a fieldjob. Saw some examples of it and I love the way that looks. No decals, only maskings for the big parts and I have the dry stencils of Hobbydecal and I am planning to use them. But easier said then done......

Rick.

Things suddenly go a bit faster. Made the last two panels and filled everything to prevent paint from coming in.

paint015.jpg

Then the great moment was there, put paint on the plane. Started with some preshading, well a lot preshading. Because I want to make a section of the lower wing bare metal I sprayed a lot of black there for the use of alclad.

paint016.jpg

paint017.jpg

paint021.jpg

And then the next step, although a little one but it means COLOUR!!!! :rolleyes:

paint018.jpg

paint019.jpg

paint020.jpg

Must dry now before going further. I am really enjoying myself now!!

Rick.

Thanks Johan, I must admit that the window was open quite a few times....

Gevecht was het zeker. Bedankt voor het compliment.

But, I couldn't help myself and I put on the alclad as well. Do you need to polish that stuff and if so how do you do that? See for yourself.

paint026-1.jpg

paint027-1.jpg

And with the lights out and the flash on

paint028-1.jpg

Rick.

Hello everybody,

Well the heat is on over here and I am putting on wintercamo!!

paint029.jpg

paint030.jpg

paint031.jpg

paint032.jpg

paint033.jpg

First I put on the Balkenkreuz on the wings and after that I started to throw around the white camo. I hope it gives the impression that a couple of people grabbed some white paint and sprayed it on the plane as fast as they could. Beiing field jobs I can hardly imagne that there were regulations for these kind of camo's. Judge for yourself.

Rick.

Hi Rick,

This is a great looking build and as per our PM, I have one of these kits and one day will attempt the build so am watching your thread with interest. I was catching up on your progress and saw the images showing the U/C . One of several things that the Airfix kit doesn't capture correctly - to my eye - and in fact a number of 190 kits don't, is the angle of the main wheel to the landing gear strut. As discussed attached is an almost front on image of the MLG from the 190 at Hendon taken a couple of years ago and is typical of a 190 from what I've researched. The wheel is more perpendicular to the ground than parallel to the strut if that makes sense.

As you indicated you are aware of this but following your suggestion here is the image for other FW190 builders.

It is a great build and I'll be more than pleased if I can do half of what you have. Looking forward to seeing the finished aircraft.

Kind Regards

Brent

post-4396-1243303771.jpg

Hello,

Gave the beast a name, red 1. Put on the Balkenkreuz on the fuselage and bottom wing, the swastika's on the tail, a tactical marking of which I do not know what it means but it looks cool, a yellow identification stripe on the bottom wing and the red tabs on the nicht anfassen things, I do not know what they are. Used Montex masks for the first time and I like it!! Next after a day drying it is Future time. Hope you like it also.

paint034.jpg

paint035.jpg

paint036.jpg

paint037.jpg

paint038.jpg

paint039.jpg

paint040.jpg

paint041.jpg

Rick.