ME-110G-2

Looking smashing Russ!

But don't cut me off until Friday for more pics, that's just cruel! What with my new job I'm so out of it that my only modeling pleasure is from following your build. Relent or I shall be forced to fling myself from the highest peak ;)

Super stuff as always.

Dan

New job Dan? PM me for the goss!

I am late at this, I was away on holidays for a while.

This is a beauty! Looks very well indeed. I wish you copied those engines in resin. I would be interested in one pair.

Radu

I think Russ is still planning to do the engines in resin Radu - at least, he stated as much earlier, and I haven't seen a retraction yet...Russ?

Kev

OK, So I suck at drama....AND a good presentation. :( Man, next time I make my own decals/engines/chop something up, I'm gonna give myself more than 6 weeks(and no detours to Russville :( ) to get everything done. sheesh!

Couldn't resist putting up more pics, after spending the last 4 hrs. painting. Got the pilots done, and yet other assorted what-nots. I do believe I'm gonna make it to home base before the final inning. ;) I've actually got my 'totenhand' decals on too.....had to make sure they weren't going to shatter/crinkle/spontaneously combust/ or hmmmm, fall off. All went well, and I can relax a little til tomorrow night.

Extremely flattered for the kind remarks Radu! I've seen your exemplary builds, and this is but a mockery. Wish I had more time to do it 'right', but.....thats modelling. Yep, I'm still gonna try to cast these in resin, and probably have a thread of me bungling my way thru the casting process. Could be interesting? Seems to be a lot of interest, so I will give it a go and hope for a lot of input from the forum to help me along. At least everybody will find out what NOT to do! hah! :P

Really need to work on the photography, these are real crappy pics. Still have mucho touch-ups/overspray to fix but here is the basic camo. Darn thing is so big it's hard to get it in a frame. These are for you Dan, and Kevin. ;)

post-4413-1218632490.jpg

post-4413-1218632521.jpg

Bah! Too darn shiney,..but I'll fix that. Go easy on me everyone, not my best effort....but I literally had 3 different colors of wet paint on this at one time. The sands are flowing thru the hourglass. When ya have pencil erasers for fingertips like me, that's an accomplishment! ;) Still a lot of stuff just placed on temporarily, just wanted to see what it'd look like...and flirt with really messing it up by sticking a finger on something(or dropping it, bwhaha!) Gotta get some rest. Thanks all for the kind words. More pics as thinngs progress. Later, Russ A.K.A. RLM-74/75/76 Colored Fingers

post-4413-1218633030.jpg

post-4413-1218633050.jpg

Russ,

SHE IS SO PRETTY!!!! It's a damn shame about the surgery. I'll give a lil' extra for my set when the

time comes. THANKS for sharing, and PLEASE, pat yourself on the back for me, and click your

heals together and say, "There is no place like Russville", and repeat continuously until the props

spin..... <_<

PEACE to YOU and YOURS,

Alfonso

BTW: I appreciate what you said about the GEORGE, and sending your blessings my way. FAITH is

all I am sure of these days. THANKS AGAIN.

Russ, looking great man and i thought you were stuck in russville :rolleyes: and the decals came out nice as well

i would say you will reach home plate nice work,boy i can't wait until you cast the engines <_<

Top notch work as always Russ. It looks terrific, and I agree with Alfonso - it seems such a shame to hack the engines off at this stage. But us selfish buggers hanging around the perimeter fence of Russville sure do appreciate it!

Kev

Great stuff Russ

Been out of circulation for a couple of days and its really come along in that time. Very neat paint job - like the spinners. Currently eyeing up a couple of reproduction manuals for the 110F and G which are for sale on eBay (seller always has a range of reprinted (on CD that is) Luft manuals and spare parts lists) - would probably yield every detail one could ever want!

Matt

Great build!!!

Do you need pics for the canon pod and 37 cm canon?..Got some from Luftwaffe color Zerstorer by Classic publication. The canon is off the center line of the pod..as is the chute shells.

Really a masterpiece! :unsure:

Hello All, ...Well, I'm a blood-shot eyed-exacto knife wheeling-crawling with my bloody fingertips across the desert-bonked on the head by a meteorite wreck right now,...but I think I'm going to have this son of a biscuit eater DONE in time!!! Still have one more night to finish installing the cannon,chip some paint,do some weathering, and paint it flat. Also need to(dohhh :D ) make some exhaust stains. Gah, blah, blast...I'd rather suck on a rusty sewer pipe than do that. (mumble amongst myself.) Oooh yes, I get to meet my nemisis once again. :unsure:

On the lighter side,...thought ya'll would like to see my 'totenhand' on the fuse? I'm going around the outside of it with black paint to give it that 'slopped on by hand' look. Takes years of practice to achieve this effect, which I ain't got,...so I think I'll drink a beer and smoke a cigar til I get dizzy, put some sunglasses on after I turn the lights down and go for the 'applied in the field by the lowest ranking guy in the squadron' technique. Should be fun. Actually the port side is done, just need to touch up the starboard side.

Really shouldn't be posting pics this crappy, but I had to run down my batteries so I can recharge for the final pics I'll take in daylight Friday afternoon. So tired from putting on all the decals and such, I screwed up the squadron codes!! Should read Q I + V B, but ehm...maybe nobody will notice? Going to be sliding into home base like a drunk elephant sliding on ice down a hill with a swarm of angry hornets behind it. But I'm going to make it. last pics before the finale.

post-4413-1218717735.jpg

Wow, can't believe how the camera 'giveth, and takes away'. Really must get a new focal length lense....sure is a lot of distortion and goggle eyed effect at certain distances. Last pic of the night. Gotta go collapse so I can go the 'last lap' tonight. Thanks all for the kind words, too tired to thank everybody individually right now but it's all appreciated. CANNOT wait to get that gloss finish knocked down so it will be easier to take pics of. This thing sure is big. Later, Russ

post-4413-1218718379.jpg