Has. P-40

stevegallacci

Here are the first snaps of the stock cockpit, only a few additionally hand-painted details and the kit decals. As I'm doing an OOB, there were a few additional bits I've could have added, mostly in a few more wires and plumbing, some build-up of the left side hydralic controls and maybe a rearrangement of the right side radio switches (which seem to be vary from machine to machine). Otherwise, the cockpit really doesn't need anything like an aftermarket replacement. Some decals or printed photoetch placards would help, as there was all kinds of little notice and instruction cards all over the inside of the original.

post-948-1213236032.jpg

Man, to think of all I went through to fix the old revell model.

Ain't that the truth!

After seeing Brians Revell masterpiece, mine went straight to the bottom of the stash. As soon as I heard Hasegawa were releasing a P-40, I sold my Revell offering (along with the Falcon canopy)

From seeing what Steve has done so far, this certainly looks like a very nice kit.

Nice fix on the windshield.

Looks good, keep it up.

thanks for the pics -Looks like a great build - and i'm jealous!

It looks exactly as I suspected it would , great detail where it mattered , nothing extra , and easy to build -

Mine is somewhere over the atlantic as we speak .. can't wait - I just hope the decal companies are gearing up ...! :D