Roden 1/32nd Triplane

Gary

Hello, Everyone,

Here are a few photos of my 1/32nd Triplane, finished as the mount of Lothar von Richthofen, brother of Manfred. Aftermarket bits and pieces include Cutting Edge cowling and decals, Eduard PE, Digmayer propeller, Copper State prop boss assembly, Grandt Line rivets (wing stacking pads), and the odd scratchbuilt thingie. Streaking was a combination of a little airbrushing and a lot of handpainting. And yes, I am quite aware of the question/benign controversy as to how the upper wing's upper surface was finished: we'll save that topic for a good dinner and a cold beer! :rolleyes:

Best to All!

Gary

post-2766-1206895418.jpg

post-2766-1206895440.jpg

post-2766-1206895458.jpg

The prop is an aftermarket handcarved wooden item, available through Copper State Models. They're carved by Martin Digmayer in the Czech Republic, coming in various scales. I got a couple of these Axials, and a selection of 1/48th props for future builds. They are very good: highly polished to the point that, although super for direct application of decals, a light misting of Dullcote is needed just to take the edge off the shine: no biggie, and the effect is quite remarkable. I recommend these without reservation. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Gary

Nice work Gary. Definately worth a few larger pictures in this thread, not to mention a full article.

I've got the Roden Dr1 and the Eduard PE set in my stash, and hope to make a start in the not too remote future. I'd love to read a blow by blow account if you've got the time.

Once again, very nice work!

Hi, Everyone,

First off, thanks for all of the very kind comments. They're most appreciated! And yes, I hope to work up a build article for LSP in the not-too-distant future. Unfortunately, day work does occasionally get in the way of hobby interests! However, I'm always glad to answer any questions, so if you have any I'll answer them through this forum.

For Koala: good luck with your build! The kit can be a smidge frustrating at times, but it does build up into a pretty impressive model. I'd recommend taking a look at a few reviews on the web: they point out the several small problems with fit and nomenclature. No big worries, but a read of these will keep the frustration level quite manageable!

Cheers,

Gary