Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Allok

Hasegawa Bf 109G 6

Recommended Posts

Cockpit installed. No surprises.

 

Pictures002.jpg

 

A bit of Tamiya putty to hide some unsightly joins.

 

Pictures003.jpg

 

Lap belts are in, shoulder harnesses are one of the last things I will attach and go in just before the canopies go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All major construction is complete;

 

Pictures005.jpg

 

Pictures004.jpg

 

I love posting pics like this over at ARC!

It seems they get particularly upset at seeing a model in such an advanced stage of construction without any visible paint. They didn't even include the last one I did in the GB gallery.

Of course, that might have been also due to my crappy model building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming together nicely Keith! It certainly does look strange fully-assembled with no paint. I love this phase of a build though, when it starts to look like the subject, and you know the painting stage awaits.

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of progress pics showing the beginings of the camo.

 

Pictures007.jpg

 

Pictures006.jpg

 

As with the Fw 190 I completed earlier, the camo is nearly entirely free-hand... Nice and easy.

 

This is the third Luftwaffe plane that I have painted in these colours in recent months and, although they have all been mixed to the same formula, the colours have all turned out different!

Mmmm.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue paint added;

 

Pictures008.jpg

 

Same equipment, same paint, same technique... different result!!!

Must be the way I'm holding my tongue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good progress Keith. The non-green camo colour looks strangely purple to me - is that intentional? It's also interesting that you've painted the blue colour last, when conventional wisdom suggests doing it first - could you elaborate on your thinking there?

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting that you've painted the blue colour last, when conventional wisdom suggests doing it first - could you elaborate on your thinking there?

 

Kev

 

The excellent coverage I get from the Tamiya acrylics promted me to try this approach on the last model I did. By putting the blue on last, I am able to get a more even demarcation line and a more subtle blotch effect with little or no masking. I also don't have to go back and do as much touching up.

However, I do have to do the whole thing in one go, which takes some patience.

 

The purple tint might just be the lighting. This is the closest colour matching I've managed so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The excellent coverage I get from the Tamiya acrylics promted me to try this approach on the last model I did. By putting the blue on last, I am able to get a more even demarcation line and a more subtle blotch effect with little or no masking. I also don't have to go back and do as much touching up.

However, I do have to do the whole thing in one go, which takes some patience.

 

The purple tint might just be the lighting. This is the closest colour matching I've managed so far.

 

Thanks Keith. Did you spray the mottle after applying the blue, or did you spray the blue 'around' the existing camo to create the mottle?

 

Sorry for so many questions!

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Keith. Did you spray the mottle after applying the blue, or did you spray the blue 'around' the existing camo to create the mottle?

 

Sorry for so many questions!

 

Kev

No problem..

 

The blue was sprayed around the darker colours to create the mottle patches. I believe the term would be "creating negative space".

This is probably the most effective way to solve the mottle problem using my $15.00 airbrush without just creating blobs!

One day I might by a fancy one... :D

 

"The trash heap has spoken!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No problem..

 

The blue was sprayed around the darker colours to create the mottle patches. I believe the term would be "creating negative space".

This is probably the most effective way to solve the mottle problem using my $15.00 airbrush without just creating blobs!

One day I might by a fancy one... :D

 

"The trash heap has spoken!"

 

Thanks again Keith. That's amazing work if you've only got a cheap airbrush!

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×