Hasegawa F16's

Ian Aylmer

Hi gentleman,

Does anyone have any experience or an opinion of the following kits:

Hasegawa F16A (S26)

Hasegawa F16C (S27)

I found them on models for sale . com and they are really cheap, 30 - 40 pounds each, and I am wondering whether to get them or not, as all the other F16 kits seem to be a reasonable amount more expensive at this scale?

Thanks all

Ian

It depends how much work you want to put in, and how accurate you want it to be. I've built several, ranging from Block 10 A-models, to a Block 42 D-model. The basic shape of the kit is perfect, but suffers from inaccurate and missing panel line/fastener detail, poorly-detailed wheel wells, inferior weapons, and very basic cockpit.

However, they can be built into stunners with a LOT of time and patience.

Jake

The Tamiya F-16 is supposed to be a dream to build except, of course, for the intakes. Everything I read about those kits seems to indicate that they are 'the standard' for Vipers in 1/32. To quote Matty, it's a bit spendy.

Hi gentleman,

Does anyone have any experience or an opinion of the following kits:

Hasegawa F16A (S26)

Hasegawa F16C (S27)

I found them on models for sale . com and they are really cheap, 30 - 40 pounds each, and I am wondering whether to get them or not, as all the other F16 kits seem to be a reasonable amount more expensive at this scale?

Thanks all

Ian

There's a good site to go with info on F-16 kits. Its http://www.habu2.net/vipers/. I have the old issue F-16. It has a mix of raised and recessed panel lines. I looks good on the shelf, but may not be a contest winner.