Northrop F-5F

Ted Barrett

Hi guys,

Is there a conversion set available to change Hasegawa's 1/32 F-5E kit into the two-seat F-5F?

I just got some Aztec decals to do a 20th Anniversary Mexican aircraft and did not realize until the sheet arrived that the most colourful of the two anniversary schemes was not an F-5E, but the two-seater.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Hi Ted

I am sincerely convinced that there is no such conversion set. The resin kit Larry is referring to is most probably the Colect Aire T-28. The only conversion set I know (besides cockpitt and seats) is the one from Canadian company (sorry cannot remember the name now) which converts the E to A.

I will be happy myself to learn that an F conversion exists but I sincerely doubt.

By the way, did Hasegawa ever released the recce version they announced back in the 80ies?

Jozef

Belcher do the E to A conversion - I've seen an article on the set , and it looks pretty impressive - dammed if I can remember where I saw it tho!

I'm also sure I've seen an F conversion done , but it really was a scratch build job , basically combining 2 E kits , which I think is your only option for the moment.. :blink: - sorry!

Okaaaay!!!!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I was afraid that there wasn't anything, but thought that I would ask.

I think for now although doing an F-5F would be an interesting project, that I will just hang on to the decals for another time.

For one thing, the drawings that I have for the two seater "F" are buried somewhere in the "wilds" of my modeling room and would probable take longer to find than doing the conversion itself!!

Thanks again.

Ted

Hi Ray,

AAAHHH! I didn't really want to hear that.... you wouldn't happen to have more information, would you?

I like exotic/colourful birds (jets or props)!!

Ted

Found them!!! FCM Decals, #FCM3204 Here is artwork: http://www.lepidoptera.datahosting.com.br/fcm/32-04a.htm

The 1/1 Grupo "Senta a Pua" 60 yrs markings are the ones I was thinking about. If you can't get the sheet, I have that sheet. I was planning on doing either the Saudi or the Tunisian scheme, so would be willing to give up the 1/1 Grupo markings. I have already given away the 1/14 Grupo "Pampa" scheme.

Found them!!! FCM Decals, #FCM3204 Here is artwork: http://www.lepidoptera.datahosting.com.br/fcm/32-04a.htm

The 1/1 Grupo "Senta a Pua" 60 yrs markings are the ones I was thinking about. If you can't get the sheet, I have that sheet. I was planning on doing either the Saudi or the Tunisian scheme, so would be willing to give up the 1/1 Grupo markings. I have already given away the 1/14 Grupo "Pampa" scheme.

Hi Ray,

I've sent you a PM. I would be quite happy to make use of the Brazilian Anniversary decals!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

I know I would buy at least one conversion.....maybe two.This is something that I believe would make a manufacturer a TON of money.... It's a travesty no one has felt the need to step up and attempt to market this to all of us.

Hi Scot,

I don't know about the "ton of money" part, but it sure would be nice to see a two seat conversion, none the less!

Most of the "cottage industry" types I know that make the things like this for the rest of us do so on a shoestring budget after-hours around their full time jobs and don't get rich from their efforts.

But maybe somewhere along the line Hasegawa might decide to look into adding the necessary sprue to their single seater.

Ted