Another 1/32 Hasegawa T-Bolt

Bryan

I have been working on this for some time and finally finished it.

When I was about half way through Jamie Haggo posted his build which intimidated the crap out of me it was so good. I started second guessing myself as to whether I should have added rivet detail also, but lazyness won out.

Anyway it is out of the box except for harness, brake lines, and blast tubes.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks for looking.

Tbolt3.jpg

Tbolt2.jpg

Tbolt1.jpg

Tbolt4.jpg

Tbolt7.jpg

Tbolt13.jpg

Tbolt6.jpg

Tbolt11.jpg

Bryan,

WOW you should be way proud of this one the build looks great very clean with the right amount of weathering. And the color scheme is very nice also.

Cheers Murph...

Hi Bryan, thanks for deciding to share this spectacular build with us. We'd be poorer for not seeing it. I don't know why you would feel intimidated to post here when the quality of your work is as good as this.

I love those blast tubes, and the metal finish is superb....how'd you do that? I wish I could finish models as neatly as that!

Cheers

Ango

Bryan, firstly: welcome to LSP mate! You are a top notch modeller and this build confirms that! I am very impressed with the cleanliness of the construction and the finishing.... most excellent work mate!

I would like to ask how did you apply the strekaing on the tops of the flaps and the side area from the exhaust?

Cheers

Alan :blink:

Thanks for sharing your work with us Bryan - looking forward to seeing some more!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Very much appreciated!

Alan, the streaking was done pretty much the traditional way, I just greatly thinned the color used (black and red brown in most places, DARK grey for the exhaust) and sprayed the streaks at low pressure, going over it again and again until it looked right.

This sort of technique never worked for me very well until I switched to lacquer based paints. With enamels or acrylics, either my airbrush would clog or the pattern would be much too course. I don't know if the lacquers have finer pigment or what, but I have MUCH better luck with them. Actually I have much better luck with lacquers no matter where I use them.

LUVVLY WORK M8 , i like to see kits built "straight out of box".... with very few aftermarket extras, personally i cant stand OTT kits with mucho money spent on extras , at the end of the day its a model and should be treated as such .. lets see more like this in future , you got my vote :blink:

Thanks for the tips Bryan! I really can't wait to get some paint down on my Jug build.... this is great inspiration!

Cheers

Alan ;)

P.s what's up next on the bench? B)

I am starting on the Fisher Sea Fury. I have had it in my possession for a while, but I am just returning to modelling after a 20 year lay off. I wanted to build a ....less expensive.....kit like the T-Bolt first to diminish the chances of a huge mistake on the Sea Fury caused by inexperience.

The Jug is certainly a great model. I am amazed how much kits/tools/paints EVERYTHING has improved since I was involved with modelling last.