Big Jug(s)....

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I do appreciate them!

To guage the market....I would like to ask.... :) who would like to see this set in resin...complete with all the detail provided? I will be sending it in for a casting appraisal this week.... if you are interested... let me know by signing on this thread B) The corrugated floor and the flat floor will be available seperately if the casting goes through.

Cheers

Alan :lol:

I don;t plan on building any jugs yet Alan but with the kind of detail you have put into that cockpit I would certainly go for it if it were available. It is absolutely gorgeous and is so Radu-ishly clean and accurate.

I don;t plan on building any jugs yet Alan but with the kind of detail you have put into that cockpit I would certainly go for it if it were available. It is absolutely gorgeous and is so Radu-ishly clean and accurate.

agree wholeheartedly Brian.

Alan, I'm in the same boat as Brian actually. I don't have any immediate plans on building a P-47, though I definitely will at some stage, and when that time comes I'd go for one of your cockpit sets if I could obtain it easily enough. :lol:

Cheers, and keep up the great work.

Ango

To all that have expressed interest so far, thank you... I am trying to guage interest - so please do speak up! And thanks once again for the nice comments!

Alan I'm in...great work mate...will this set come with the new instrument panel?...cheers

Thanks Dave! All the parts that are in the pics will be available, including a few that I recently made - but that are not in the current pics. Possibly, due to casting constraints... some parts may need to be modified to ease casting.

Would you be doing one of each type cockpit? If so, I'd buy one of each.

Yes, if the casting goes well... the different types of floors will be available to choose from.

Thanks again guys, as soon as I know anything else I will let everybody know on board!

Cheers

Alan :P

On a different note: I have started the rocket tubes for my second P-47 build... I trimmed plastic rod all to the same length on my lathe and then reamed them all to thin the walls.... did all this while sitting out on the patio in the warm Austrian summer evening!!

Not much to see yet.... but a start... :)

Cheers

Alan

I will time permitting also be making the rockets that go with these tubes... B)

I like to crack the lathe out sometimes... it adds a bit of different 'dimension' to the hobby! B)

post-10-1185737806.jpg

Well moving right along here with the build.... I added some detail, but I am effectively "stuck"... I cannot find any close up detail shots of the mountings for these rocket tubes... does anybody have any shots of the actual tubes mounted onto the wing and exactly where are the mountings located?

Anyhow, I hope somebody will be able to help me out a bit! :lol:

Cheers

Alan :lol:

In the pic below: I have added the support braces and the wrappings for the tubes :blink: I have pics of the rear and forward mounts.... but I have NO idea where these suckers mount onto the wings.... :blink:

post-10-1185800051.jpg

Hi Alan, man you are becoming a real master of scratchbuilding, aren't you?! These rocket tubes look brilliant. Your scratch work with plastic is so neat :blink:

Sorry I can't tell you off the top of my head how these rocket launchers are mounted, but I might be able to find something in my reference files if nobody else has the information at hand.

Anyway, keep up the great work on the T'bolt, can't wait to see more.

Cheers

Ango

EDIT: Alan, hopefully the attached pic I just found on my computer might help somewhat? :blink:

post-405-1185841253.jpg