The lady spead her long wings and flew away

Hacker

Hi guys

Like l said in GB l am going to start another project ( well actually two but the other is undecided yet). So keep an eye on this spot and guess what l am up too.( for those who do know mum please) It will be another Typhoon type build. l will start once l get the Typhoon done.

Hacker :o ;)

Gee l gave you guys a couple of hours to figure it out but l guess l have to let the cat out of the bag here

post-542-1172950750.jpg

l am taking this old mold revell Fw-190D and .............

post-542-1172951006.jpg

l have this cutaway but if someone has a better pic of this drawing l would appreciate a copy. Well its going to be a long haul on this one but seeing there is no time limited l can work a way at a different pace. Hope you guys like what my plans are

Hacker :) :)

Hi Hacker

Sounds good your Project,I am also doing a Fw-190D-15 started from the same Revell Kit.

But Dragon will bring out a Ta-152 H in scale 1/32,so better wait cause you will have a lot work to convert this old Revell Shi.. :angry: into a Ta-152H.

Cheers Bekim :)

Hi Hacker

Sounds good your Project,I am also doing a Fw-190D-15 started from the same Revell Kit.

But Dragon will bring out a Ta-152 H in scale 1/32,so better wait cause you will have a lot work to convert this old Revell Shi.. :angry: into a Ta-152H.

Cheers Bekim :)

hey Bekim this is half the fun of this hobby. Anyone can assemble a kit but l prefer to abusing myself with projects like this. :huh: :P

hacker :) :D

being a total prop noob here but what was the reason of this type?? A long distance fighter??

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

The Germans thought the Yanks where going to deploy the B-29 to Europe and at the time they had no plane that could reach the altitudes the bombers would fly so they started development programs to counter this thread hence why such planes as this and the Me 109H and the Bv-151 where developed.

hacker :) :)

The older AJ Press Aircraft Monograph on the Fw190D Ta152 includes a nice scale sideview cutaway of the '190D-9 and Ta125C and 'H as well as better drawings of the Ta152H.

The old Revell kit isn't totally junk for a core of a conversion, except for the rear fuselage which is undersize/wrong cross-section.

I've got a fair amount of data on the Ta152 for both basic shapes and detailing if you are interested.

Why don't you save the hassle and buy the Rutman resin kit of the Ta 152H? Wouldn't that be a better start? think how much time and effort you'll be saving.

Mark H.

Well Mark its not the time saving thing but the challenge l want. Sure l could take the easy route on this but why? The reason l am doing it is the fact l can ( or me thinks l can )

The older AJ Press Aircraft Monograph on the Fw190D Ta152 includes a nice scale sideview cutaway of the '190D-9 and Ta125C and 'H as well as better drawings of the Ta152H.

The old Revell kit isn't totally junk for a core of a conversion, except for the rear fuselage which is undersize/wrong cross-section.

I've got a fair amount of data on the Ta152 for both basic shapes and detailing if you are interested.

Got a copy of the monogram closeup on the Ta 152 but any info you like to send me Steve will help thanks

Hacker :) :)

"Well Mark its not the time saving thing but the challenge l want. Sure l could take the easy route on this but why? The reason l am doing it is the fact l can ( or me thinks l can )"

Well said. With the general quality of kits around even fumble fingers like me can knock together a decent kit without too much effort. What sets most people on this forum apart from the general modeller is the willingness to take things one step further (or even strides, like Jeans scratch MkIX, Grahams Mossie et al). Never mind the time, its the challenge.

Good luck to ye