Big Mosquito

Lancman

Here is my new project the 1/24th MOSQUITO, here are how the parts lay out and I will provide a better review in a short while.

Sheet.jpg

The basic kit

Whitemetal.jpg

Undercart and some cockpit parts

Mosdecals.jpg

canopy.jpg

Mosengines.jpg

Engine, props, intakes and hubs

cockpit1.jpg

resin cockpit parts

wheels.jpg

wheels and hubs

It is made from a fairly thick plastic and has very little or no panel lines (even less than the ID kits) :unsure: so a good set of plans are required and I have scaled up the SAM data file plans so watch this space :unsure:

Graham.

Lanc,

Well and it looks like the darkside came and grabbed u for sure.But i know u can do it and wish that that mossie had the paddle blade props as to the early version ones as to the post of the kit.But as well i think that u can redo them to be the style that's right for u'er mossie.And let the build begin.Larry

Praise to the small gods, someone went and did it :unsure:

Thanks for posting Graham, I'll be watching this build very closely. I'll be interested to see how the white metal cleans up, looks a bit hairy.

Here is the next step, outlining the parts prior to cutting them out. The lines are there to stop you cutting off too much plastic, I will try to use this build as an how to do vacs sort of build. This is only my 2nd big vac build so we will all be on a learning curve :) plus I will keep the pictures slightly smaller :)

vacsheet.jpg

Graham

. This is only my 2nd big vac build so we will all be on a learning curve :D Graham

Learning Curve?? :huh: :huh: l equate the learning curve to modeling like the first flight of a prototype aircraft way back in WWI. It gets off the ground slowly gains altitude then suddenly noses dives straight into the ground :) :) :o (hence you gather l have not mastered the art of building Vacuum form aircraft) :P :D :lol:

hacker Merry Christmas

The plans, I scaled up the drawings from the SAM data book and the colour template from the Tamiya Mossie both in 48 scale. The template has a 12 inch rule on it so you can compare sizes also I am using the Tamiya Mossie MkVI as my reference.

Mossieplan.JPG

Mossieplan1.JPG

Mossieplan2.JPG

Mossieplan3.JPG

Graham.

Hi graham,

This looks a real monster. I was nearly tempted but the price put me off.

Just a quick one for when you are doing the cockpit. DO NOT fit the radios as provided, these are the T1154, R1155 as used in bomber command aircraft such as the Lanc, etc...

The radios for ALL fighter versions of the Mossie are fitted in a radio bay in the rear fuselage and are controlled by remote control units in the cockpit. I'll photocopy some info and send it to you. The R1155 was fitted to the FBVI, but, it was also fitted in the rear fuselage, it's frequencies being preset whilst the a/c was being prepared for a sortie.

All the Best,

Bob A

Hi graham,

This looks a real monster. I was nearly tempted but the price put me off.

Just a quick one for when you are doing the cockpit. DO NOT fit the radios as provided, these are the T1154, R1155 as used in bomber command aircraft such as the Lanc, etc...

The radios for ALL fighter versions of the Mossie are fitted in a radio bay in the rear fuselage and are controlled by remote control units in the cockpit. I'll photocopy some info and send it to you. The R1155 was fitted to the FBVI, but, it was also fitted in the rear fuselage, it's frequencies being preset whilst the a/c was being prepared for a sortie.

All the Best,

Bob A

Not to hijack your thread here Graham but l want to ask Bob here what radio was used in the Typhoon and if he happens to have a pic of it. :lol: :)

Hacker :o B)

Let the cutting begin :P I use a scriber (black pencil lookin thing) to scribe a line around the part first then using an older scalpel blade I follow this around making it a bit deeper. Then using a new blade I cut deeper again but not cutting the whole way through, then by bending the plasic around it the part eventually pops out. The next update maybe a few days away while I get the rest off the backing sheets, after loads of scribing and new scalpel blades (thank god I can get these from work) :) As you can see there will be some sanding needed but the blue line helps demonstrate this and Bob I sent you a PM but yes I need the plans.

Cut.JPG

Graham.