Me109's at last

bcauchi

Thanks so much for all the comments guys, I guess I have anumber of questions to answer now,

KOTR - I must say here that this has been an all time record and I have managed to drill all those holes straight through without breaking a single drill. Guiness Book of Records stuff here.

Wumm - The engine bearers have their own pre-marked positions on the firewall and when these are installed, the engine is automatically lined up so that was not a big effort and I don;t think that a jig is that necessary. As for the engine bearers, i removed the anchor points which wer tiny bits of resin rod and replaced these with brass rod for strength, otherwise the engne weight would never be supported. In fact the beares broke at a point just after the brass rods, just to see how much added strength you get.

I am not cross eyed yet but as from this year, my eyes have taken a step in the wrong direction and I am using glasses for modelling.

I am attaching a couple of decent pics this time.

post-915-1168930879.jpg

Hello Brian

Your work is one of the reasons I do this hobby. Your leavel of detail is unbelievable and inspires me to continue modelling. I only wish I could do in 1/24th scale what you do in 1/32nd!

Thanks for the inspiration

Richard :o

Great save mate...lots about perserverence I think. Having had my interest focus on the insides of the engine bay of a DB605 the detail is just breathtaking. It really is going to be a masterpiece.

Fantastic...

Hang in there...cheers Matty

Guys the damage has been repaired and the engine complete. These are the last two pics of the enigne which I have already masked off. It will be uncovered in the future. So I shall not be bothering you with it again. here it is complete. Excuse the quality of the pics. I have somehow lost my touch with the camera.

post-915-1169192373.jpg