Fw190 RED3

Smokinguns3

Guest LSP_Jay L

I agree with everyone else, you've done a great job on it! The panel lines stand out for me like Chris and Brian have mentioned and next time I would try to be slightly more subtle with that effect, but otherwise you have done a really good job on the model, and you should be very proud!

Cheers,

Jay

I think you've done an excellent job! I have trouble with panel line shading/accents so I tend to shy to the "lesser is better" side of the fence using only .5mm lead pencil. If I may offer one small criticism if I may? Your antenna wire should sag along the top and side of the fuselage, not up in the air. It's tough to get that look but here's what I do: I use stretched sprue as do a lot of us but instead of letting the sprue lie as it will, I actually glue it to the side of the fuselage so that it looks like it has weight. It's not hard to do and if you use a tacky glue such as the thicker consistency white glues, you won't damage the finish of the model. Then, if it doesn't look the way you want it, simply pull it off and reglue until you're happy. The white glue removes quite easily with the point of a knife and leaves no residue behind. Alternatively, you can use heat to make the sprue conform but that is more difficult and tends to melt the antenna before it does what you want it to.

Anyway, great build and as Brian said, you should be proud.

Tim

Smokinguns3

That's a very nice looking D-9, certainly worthy of this site. Whilst some of the panel line shading is a bit heavy for my taste, the overall effect gives a good feeling of a heavily used workhorse. Nice one.

Matt

bcauchi,Jay,Tim and Matt Thank you for taking a look ive only been back into modeling for less than a year and if it wernt for forums like this, one would have some big issues trying to weather and get a more realistic model. Thank you again for looking.

Matt thank you for say my model is worthy of this site like i sad erliaer i was hesatent on posting becaouse of the supirior builds here.

Tim thanks for the advise i was wondering how i could get that anntena to lay down right i dont use stretched sprue anymore i went out and bought some nylon thred works good for 1/32 scale now i can go back and give it dab of white glue thanks.

Jay thanks you i will try a much more subtle panel wash on my 190A-5.

Thanks again everyone

Rob

Hey Rob, you can still sibdue the panel lines with a bit of patience without dismantling anythig. The areas which are most evident are the lighter patches like the green on the wings and the light green on the fuselage. So just get some very dilute paint in your airbrush and go over them again slowly, to build up some colour and subdue the dark paint. It will work. and if you do it properly, will look like additional weathering. Just use highly thinned paint at a low pressure so that you can get in close and place your colour where you really need it. go for it and try it out on the wings first.

hi rob!

i think everything has already been said about the plane. it doesnt look bad. i would recommend to give a try for what brian has written above. this way you can easy "repair" the heavy postshading.

the lower side of your dora looks very good. this went really realistic. congratulations to that.

if it comes to postshading on your next modell try this:

fill your aribrush with about half a cap of thinner. now use a toothpic and put one drop black into it. then use a toothpick to put one drop red-brown into the can.

this is enough paint for postshading. use low pressure and paint the panellines with this thin color. you can also make some streaks on areas without panellines. i would recommend to try this on a sheet of paper or even better, on some plastic. the paint will not cover the surface emediately so it is no problem, if you make some mistakes.

cheers klaus

Thanks all. Klaus thank you vary much for that little tip i was wonder how you guys do the post shading of panel line's i used ground up black and brown chaulk dust with a trimed brush to do the panel lines i think your method will work better and thanks again for taking a look all.

also see these two videos about post shading. following the mentioned tricks will sure help too.

video 1

video 2

cheers klaus

ps: if you really used only calks for the postshading and you are not satisfied with the result, you can still wash the calks off (unless you dindt seal them) and try the postshading method discribed in the videos.

however, your dora looks way better than many many others i have seen so far.