Revell Seafire

dogzboz

I built that one sometime last century :) and from what I recall, it was basically Revell's Spit MkI with different decals and the tropical air filter under the nose. Haven't seen one in a LONG time.

Do you have one? It would be cool to see one built up.

Hi jetmex,

I do have one, didn't realise it was so much like the Spit. The panel lines and rivet detail look quite good on this, I would assume a lot of the Spitfire aftermarket stuff would fit this also. I could start collecting this stuff bit by bit and eventually go for a fully detailed kit. :)

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob, LSP Dan makes quite a few good resin bits for this kit I believe. He might have some stuff left from his sale.

good luck and look fwd to seeing it in the works.

Cheers Matt

Perhaps of interest:

Some of the "Lone Eagles" release Revell Spitfire Mk.I kits contained the Seafire parts as well. There are no Seafire decals, and the instructions do not mention those parts. I bought two of the same kit at one store at the same time (KB Toys had them on sale for $2.99 each about 10 years ago), one kit has the Seafire parts the other kit doesn't. Go figure. :(

D

Hi, dogzboz !

We have a set for the Spitfire(works for most if not all Spits) and it's reviewed on this site at:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Fo...ireCockpit.html

Also available for those who are happy with the main stuff in their Spit already is the "Cockpit Upgrade Set"( which includes the Sutton Harness parts, replacement dashboard films, and an interesting control stick top - all with instructions on use) and we have a Sutton harness set with instructions. :lol:

yours

Hi, dogzboz !

We have a set for the Spitfire(works for most if not all Spits) and it's reviewed on this site at:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Fo...ireCockpit.html

Also available for those who are happy with the main stuff in their Spit already is the "Cockpit Upgrade Set"( which includes the Sutton Harness parts, replacement dashboard films, and an interesting control stick top - all with instructions on use) and we have a Sutton harness set with instructions. :lol:

yours

F24??

hacker

FYI,

MDC has a resin underwing part intended to correct the most obvious kit error (lack of gull wing shape). however, it is far to be a drop fit and engraved details do not match...!

The so-called Seafire parts are actually limited to a badly shaped hook and a seat with flares support. None of the other features (such as fuselage reinforcement plates) are present.

However, even if the kit has some obvious errors (i.e. exhausts holes, rear fuselage width, MLG wells or canopy rail grooves) or misshaped detail parts (i.e. exhausts, roadwheel hubs, cockpit parts) surface detail and some elements such as the oil cooler or radiator are far better than the ones of its Japanese counterpart.

HTH

Hello Chris

Yes you're right..... the patterns for a 1/32 scale Seafire II/III conversion are completed. This new WARBIRDS PRODUCTIONS kit comprises resine as well as E B details. It is meant for the Hasegawa/Revell kits and will be available from MDC very soon. Also, our new 1/24 scale tail unit for the Trumpeter Spitfire floatplane is ready. It reproduces the production type enlarged fin and rudder, under fin and comprises, as well, our tailplanes with the correct metal upper surfaces.

This latter kit will enable modellers to make a more accurate model of either of the two production aircraft; for which the early type windscreen (external armour slab), the production carb. intake and markings are offered in the Trumpeter release.

Cheers

Vasko