Jump to content

viva

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About viva

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie

Recent Profile Visitors

471 profile views
  1. Inspired by Shark64 ! Thank you so much ! Hello from Viet Nam ! Finally... after 2 years on and off I've managed to finish this. The kit is Academy MH-60S, this is a rebox of UH-60 by Academy hreleased years ago. There are new sprues and decal for the MH-60s. The new sprure carry nice details but the old sprures suffered from old mold. Due to the large dimension of the rotor, I decided to fold the blade and the tails ( I always have a thing for fold wings anyway). All folding details are scratchbuild from plastic and styren rod with many good preferences found on
  2. Good morning from Viet Nam ! This is my lattest build, the Saab Viggen AJ-37 from Special Hobby. This is actuallu a rebox of Tarangus Viggen with the added of color PE for the cockit. The fit is good overall, consider the nature of limit run kit. There are some inaccuracies lies within the kit, especiall the tiny main wheels which is too thin. I used several plastic sheets to add the thickness then sand to shaped. Paint use mostly with Gunze Color, weathering done with Mig and chipping here and there with color pencil The splinter camo is the hardest paint job I have do
  3. Thank you all for your kind words. If you're plan on getting one of this, go get this. YES, the price tag may high but I can assure you it worths every dollars you spent on it. The fit may put you off but believe me, this is my first resin kit and I made lots of mistake a long way which can be avoid. You guys can do thousand time better than I did !
  4. Yes, please ! Thank you very much Kev.
  5. Hi all, Back to the hobby after a long break, I decied to finished what I have started a long time ago: the L-39ZA 1/32 from HPH models. Includes here are some work in progress pics that I took along the battle. Yes, I called it the Battle as this is my first resin kit and oh boy.... A/The Kit: For the price tag, you will get lots of resin, PE both in color and brass, fabric seat belt, masking for canopy, clear resin canopy and formation lights, vacumm form for wing tips lights cover and round up with 2 decals sheets. The fit: quite nice in some place and horrible in man
  6. Almost there ! The L-39 is almost done. I turned my attention to other stuff. The fuel/oil drums are srachtbuild from foil, the figure are incorrect for the scence but I couldn't find any thing better than this so... The figure received basic coat, details will be picked out later.
  7. Hi, it's combination of PE buckles and fabric seatbelt
  8. @Joel, Kevin, Clumsydue and Youngtiger1: thank you very much for your advise ! @Youngtiger1: the base is from Noy's minature with some elements and extra weathering added by me. The backgrounds are pics found online then printed out using a laser printer. I decied to use No 1. I repainted the lower part of the background to match with the base then added some weathering as well, the grass area at the left end of the background will be added later follow by some paint for closer match with the base.
  9. Small update. I'm add some grass on the base and add more weathering. I'm still don't know which background is the best to use. All Russian planes shown in the background will be dealt with by Photoshop. Please advise which background I should use. Number 1: Number 2: Number 3:
  10. Based on one pic I found on the web, even I don't know what is the name or the function of this equipment but it should add some color to spice things up. I used Lego blocks to create the overall shape as I don't want to spend much time with this. Light curring putty used to fill all the gaps. The red/white check board are uneven at some places but I wouldn't care too much . Wheels will be added later on, that's all for today.
  11. Hi Joel, Thanks for the comments, I sealed the decal with 2 coat of semi gloss vanish, then airbush a faded color (white, blue and red) on the roundle decal and used some oil color to blend everything. together. I also added some chippings using a fine tip color pencil
  12. Hi all, Some update: decal is "too" good, too thin so be careful, I left most of the stencil due to so many of them . A pin wash using Mig panel line dark grey, natural brown, black knight follow by some rain mark from Mig. I used color pencil for all the chips and scratch on the fuselage. More works ahead, ground equipment, gun sight, towing bar...etc. All pics were taken with my phine camera so the quality isn't good enough. D0-B2D1E6A5B17D_zpsnngusq2y.jpg[/img]
  13. Same here ! I had a hard time wiith the kit intake. It took me 2 days just to get the darn things flush with the fuselage. Following your links, I'm afraid Brenhen attached the intake upside down, please excuse if I''m wrong.
×
×
  • Create New...