Mitsubishi A6M2-N Rufe

Lucio

Nice build on a tough kit. If I may.... Why are both your ailerons deflected down? One should be deflected up... kind of like your elevators which should both be deflected the same direction. A little bit of constructive critiscism if I may be allowed (I'm a zero nerd so please indulge me) for future reference. The paint chipping you've modeled is a tad bit over done for the A6M2N. At the stage of the war when the A6M2N's were built, primer was used on the aircraft and as such, the paint chipping on the aircraft would be more subdued. Also in areas where the paint did come off, there would be visible indications of the primer (a red-oxide color) in addition to the bare metal. Also, you've chipped the heck out of the topside but left the underside completely intact (only judging by the photographs you've posted). The bottom of that main float should be missing paint as well. Especially on the front half of main float. Water is extremely tough on any paint and salt water also adds an electrolyte into the mix.

Lastly (and this is something that Trumpeter goofed on (I know, surprising right?), The A6M2N did not have a rollover support behind the pilot.

Anyway, you've done well with the kit (I wouldn't even try and tackle it...I'd get mired down in the minutia of inaccuracy and never get it built). It's a large kit that will look impressive on anybody's display shelf/cabinet. Keep going, these large builds are neat to look at.

Oh, I almost forgot! :post1:

Edited by TimC

Hi Lucio!

Congratiolations for your Rufe! Looks very good to me and Iike it how it is.Great!!

When I see your Rufe I couldn´t wait to start mine..

I got the Conversionset from MDC and Man.....I want to start right now... :frantic:

I´m only waiting for my Zero that´s comming all the way from Hong-Kong to me...(that´s what I called a Long-Range-Fighter...eehh! ;))

Cheer´s

Lutz