CH-53?

BC Dezign

Has anyone heard any credible rumors about a 1/32 or 1/35 injected molded CH-, MH- or HH-53 being produced anytime soon?

Doesn't it seem like we should have one by now?

Revell... are you listening? I say Revell because I'd like to be able to afford one.

BC

Has anyone heard any credible rumors about a 1/32 or 1/35 injected molded CH-, MH- or HH-53 being produced anytime soon?

Doesn't it seem like we should have one by now?

Revell... are you listening? I say Revell because I'd like to be able to afford one.

BC

I love all those helo's, I wish the big companies like Revell would do more of them in our scale.

The SeaKing is an obvious omission, as well as the '53 series. Why the mainstream companies have avoided them is beyond me? Perhaps it's perceived that their sales would be poor or just that other subjects appeal to the production managers a lot more as an investment?

I thought Trumpeter, after a really good start, was going to provide them, but alas it's all come to a crashing halt!

Let's hope Mr Song of Trumpeter will look at these important aircraft in the future, we can only hope.

If they do decide to do another one, I hope that they provide the rotor heads with a facility to detach the rotor blades

to make transportation and storage a whole lot easier!

One day, one day................... :thumbsup:

post-700-1280861862.jpg

I used to work with a gentelman, Chris Jones, who used to run Helikit news , an excellent helo modeller, and a really great guy, anyway his contact included someone who was working on a 35th Ch-53 family - it was going to be all singing all dancing CAD designed resin beast - but it seems to have died a death

Ho hum....

I used to work with a gentelman, Chris Jones, who used to run Helikit news , an excellent helo modeller, and a really great guy, anyway his contact included someone who was working on a 35th Ch-53 family - it was going to be all singing all dancing CAD designed resin beast - but it seems to have died a death

Ho hum....

Indeed, it was a german "one-man" exercise apparently, with a lot of hopes and good intentions, but after a while of "quietness" and after some people inquired about any progress it was stated that because of personal hardship the whole project was cancelled.....sadly....

J.

Well i know i would buy one! I've always thought that the 53s were the meanest looking helos around. The 1/48 Academy kit i have is huge. but i still want a bigger one.

But I have to agree with Royboy's assessment; A more efficient way to take the blades from the rotors for storage and transportation would be a great idea. That being said, I do believe this is why more people don't build helicopters. The overall footprint on the shelf or in the display cabinet is prohibitive to many builders... unless you build a model that has the option of folding or collapsing the blades.

A couple of years ago I built the 1/35 Heller Super Frelon. The only time I have the rotors/blades on it is when it is at a contest, and since I have retired it from the contest circuit the rotors/blades stay in the foam core traveling case I built for them. There is a company that makes (made) a photoetch detail set with the parts to fold the blades for the Frelon, but I didn't hear about it until well after I had already finished mine.

BC

Man an HH-53 Super Jolly would be awesome but a good seller; not likely!

Barry

I'd be interested to find out how the sales of Trumpeters last helo project, the CH47A/D Chinook went?

I've seen a few of them built at shows, and I recently converted my one to RAF HC2 configuration and scratch built an entire interior for it!

Two of the blades from each rotor detach from the hub for transportation and storage too!

I remember the Hase SeaKing model when it came out, it's still absolutely stunning, but it retailed at over £34 sterling at that time and was a pretty hefty price for a 1/48 kit. Regardless, I bought two and held my breath.

I wonder if Revell or Academy could ever be tempted to try one with great external details but only minimal internals to keep the prices reasonable?

How many on this board build helo's anyway?

I guess most on here do WWII stuff going by their general responses, but it would be nice to have a modern military helo follow up to the Chinook one day for us whirly bird fans. :evil_laugh:

Here in Southern California, I have not yet seen one of the ginormous Trumpeter CH-47s at a show. But as I have just recently made a trade for one I hope that changes in the next year or so.

You can count me in as one of the Helo fans on LSP, but I guess my interest is geared more towards the esoteric birds... at least the ones that aren't readily available on the market in a preferred scale (1/48 — 1/32). But the last 6-7 years have been very good to those of us that share this frame of mind with the release of the new 1/48 CH-46, Ch-47s and CH-53s and even the 1/35 Hinds and Chinooks.

Personal Helo Wish list for 1/48 and larger:

CH, MH, HH-53 — 1/35 or larger

CH -54

H-34 Choctaw — An updated 1/48 is due but a larger scale would be better.

CH-21 Shawnee — either a better or less expensive kit than the Special Hobby in 1/48 or a larger one.

Mi-6

Mi-10

Mi-26

There is one 1/72 Helo kit that I would build, but who can afford the Amonster Mi-12?