VFS 1/24 P-47D

Fozzie

Hi all

im new to this forum and from what i have seen of it its right up my street scale wise.So i thought i would post what im working on at the mo,its the vintage fighter series P-47D thunderbolt in 1/24 scale.I have been modelling large scale planes for some 6yrs now and this along with 3 Airfix sea harriers and the P-51D are the largest i have all be it i do have a Nichimo Cessna 172 in 1/20 scale.Anyhow here is the engine,not quite finished but getting there.

_MG_6648.jpg

_MG_6652.jpg

_MG_6633.jpg

_MG_6634.jpg

_MG_6612.jpg

_MG_6592.jpg

_MG_6627.jpg

_MG_6626.jpg

This is a great kit but much is needed in the way of scratch building and alterations,as the radial engine parts dont line up correctly so you have to cut all locating lugs and fiddle around with it to get it just right.Its great if you like a challenge as it can be trying at times.

Clive.

Looks like I now have a guide to go by. Great work, Fozzie especially on the weathering. I just got the kit the other day. I was lucky in that my LHS owner ordered 6 VFS T-Bolt kits. They came in on Thursday. By the time I had gotten there Friday afternoon, I bought the last one. He sold all those kits in less than 24 hours. If you wouldn't mind showing as many pictures of this build as you can, it would be very much appreciated. There's no rush though.

Hi all

thanks for the comments,i have done a bit more to her today but its very slow work.To answer one of the questions on weathering im quite lucky in that i work with real aircraft,i get to see all the streaks,marks,dents and splats on the planes.How the patches were done was by how we deal with the real thing,i have a small brush which i dip in the paint and then sploge it on,then i wipe the access off the brush,then i dry brush the sploge out if that makes sense.There are so many techniques to doing weathering and we all have our fav's but this way works for me among a few other ways.Here is how she looks at the moment.

_MG_6643.jpg

_MG_6644.jpg

_MG_6645.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

Clive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

slow progress here but heres a few pic's,wheel bays nearly done,cockpit finished,gun bays getting there and the rear wheel bay needs painting.

_MG_6764.jpg

_MG_6765.jpg

_MG_6766.jpg

_MG_6736.jpg

_MG_6737.jpg

_MG_6746.jpg

_MG_6754.jpg

_MG_6743.jpg

we are getting there slowly.

Cheers Clive.

Your use of colors to represent heated metals, oil, lubes and the likes is simply amazing.

I do not think I have very seen it used quite as effectively.

Beautiful Work!!!!!!!

Barry