Ju 88 A1 build

junkers88a1

Just started the build of the Ju 88.. this will not get that much update..will see what happens as i go.. thinking of getting some woodfloor from the original Ju 88 and try to sand it down very thin and use as floor..as we have quite a lot spare that will never be used again as it was pretty damaged..but some parts might be usable to this small kit..will see what happens while i work

post-5311-1233176716.jpg

yes..i got one :) actually i got two..hehe

need it for future diorama.. but i havent decided yet if the one i build now will go in a diorama in the museum of U4+TK sinking ( see my logo below hehe ) or if i will keep it myself.. as i have quite a stack of 88`s here now..so will see what happens..also need to make another Kg 30 for the same diorama of the sinking 88..need one in the back..as it was many 88`s on the ice those days !!

but i will see what happens..if the woodfloor works out with original wood i might have some for spare for other builders also :)

will let you guys know :)

post-5311-1233187738.jpg

thinking of getting some woodfloor from the original Ju 88 and try to sand it down very thin and use as floor..

That would be really cool. Looks good so far. I expect mine to show up within 10 days and it's going to be my next build as well. Look forward to seeing more

Ron

just put some more details together..but will stop there and start painting soon..need to buy more paint..and also start with just some minor detail that i miss..like a small folding hatch..and also wait until i get the wood so i can see if i can make a real Ju 88 woodfloor :)

looking forward to see your build Ron :)

post-5311-1233193317.jpg

i had to cut out a small area on the back of the sideconsol underneath the small tank that you will see on the side to get a tight fit to the wall ( as it is in real life ) and i will now mask out the small inspectionwindows on the forward seat before i do anything more there..

in the drawing the gun is supose to be laying in the pilotseat ( ? ) but if you look at my detailthread and the first post you will see the location where the gun should be.. i cut of the gunbarrel ( as that slides into a hole and not much is visible of the barel when in place )

post-5311-1233193559.jpg

this i am making as the museums machine..i have to make two in that markings ( on for myself and one for a diorama for the museum when its sinking ( like my logo below here as that is the actuall A1 we have sinking in 1940 ) but in that diorama we are also going to have another Ju 88 from Kg 30.. and i also want to build a Kg 54 like the one we salvaged in 2000 ( but need a A5 upgrade for that first..hehe unless i make it from BoB as B3+BM which that amchine also served and served as a A1 before it got upgraded to A5..so i have a few 88`s to build..thanksfully a friend of mine will also build one to help me out..hehe

today i have taken some original wood from the Ju 88 and made as florr in this model..it was just a test but it am very pleased with it..this wood was inside the batterybox in the 88 ( between the battery itself and the outer metalcase and was very thin so it was usable for this purpose :rolleyes: and its nice to have some real Ju 88 material in the modell :unsure: i had to try two times before i got it kinda right

post-5311-1233259397.jpg

in the back of this picture one can see some of te original wood that i cut the part out from and used :rolleyes:

the black on the wood ( seen small remenents on my newmade floor ) is remenents from tar that was used in the battery to seal it in the metalbox..i decided to leave that as it makes it look a little used but had to sand the wood carefully before i used it

post-5311-1233259498.jpg

:unsure:

i am also planning to use some original electrical wires from the 88 to try and wire a littlebit..but i have to make a few kits so i will see which one it will be..this is one of my first kits that i actually try these things..tried a littlebit on the gunbay on the F-86 F but will try more and more as i have gotten some inspiration from you guys in here :D so it will be what it will be..

and you are not the only one watching this build Perry..my mentor keeps a watchful eye on me and make sure i keep on track..

:rolleyes:

post-5311-1233260810.jpg

in the back of this picture one can see some of the original wood that i cut the part out from and used

Amateurish work there. The colors are all wrong and the workmanship is suspect at best. However I would retract that statement for the bribe price of enough of that wood to do the same thing on my kit! :unsure: :D :lol:

Well I'm really jealous! I'm still waiting for my kit! :( However your build's looking great so far! That 'pit looks almost as big as a P-47's! :rolleyes: :lol:

hehe

so you are bribing me Astro.. who knows..it might just work :D and i might have some of that wood for spare :unsure:

now i am going to try and remake the missing hatch on the right side wall :rolleyes: not sure how that will work out..

its visible on the right wall on this picture ( you can see it behind the emergencyhandle for hydraulics..the long one poking up there )

hehe

post-5311-1233263173.jpg