1/350 ships

Allok

I find ships a bit spooky and I made a couple of sailing ships when I was a kid but I've always wanted to build a decent Battleship.

So I went out and bought a USS Hornet... and some extra planes... and a bit of PE... and then a bit more PE. Then I put it in the stash ("Huge Project" section)

So I went out and bought a USS Arizona because it's a bit simpler and a bit smaller. Then I got some extra planes... and a bit of PE... and then a bit more PE. Then I put it in the stash ("Large Project" section)

So I went out and bought a USS England because it's a bit simpler and a bit smaller. It doesn't have any planes and it has it's own PE!... I got some extra PE anyway. Then I pulled it out and started glueing bits on.

7-10112FS526175.jpg

tmm-3558-01.jpg

DSC07398.jpg

DSC07399.jpg

Excellent practice for PE virgins.

Looks cool Keith. I should probably finish my Revell Constitution someday...

Kev

I too have "Old Ironsides". In fact I just opened it the other day to borrow some parts for my still unfinished Nieuport. Those parts didn't work for what I'd intended, so I'm sort of unhappy about opening her up. Do you have the 1:96 scale kit or the smaller one? Mine is the 1:96 with vacuum formed sails. A gorgeous ship that needs some love.

I have two 1:350 ships and that’s it, the Tamiya Bismarck and the Academy Titanic.

PE is addictive

Friend of mine built that Titanic, what a nightmare

PE is addictive

Friend of mine built that Titanic, what a nightmare

But with care and patience, it can be built into a stunner. Heck, there are even lighting kits for it. Mine will be underway, with people and maybe lighted as well. Easy to say anyway.

:)

Ships are also my relief from planes. I have my 1/200 Arizona almost done and will start the Hood soon........

It's all good brother; Planes, Armor, Ships, Space stuff, I like it all. Speaking of the unusual, I still need to finish this bad boy, as well as about four other large scale similar figures.

Hulk1.jpg

Mine is the 1:96 with vacuum formed sails. A gorgeous ship that needs some love.

Mine too. Mine is three-quarters built, and has been that way for nearly 30 years. It's in a very sad state of repair at the moment, with missing parts, broken bits and whatnot, but I'm keen that it gets finished before I am.

Sorry for the thread hijack Keith!

I hate PE by the way - drives me insane...good on you for making it work.

Kev

But with care and patience, it can be built into a stunner.

:)

Indeed, he built it for someone else and made a beautiful job of it. I wonder if it survived the Earthquakes?