Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair 'Marines Dream' WIP.

Guest DannyVM

Hey danny,

If its not too late to make in intervention, i strongly recommend applying the cockpit placard decals to the individual cockpit components before assembling them together. The decals are thin, but the glue is strong and there will be lots of tedious poking and coaxing to maneuver them into place and things tend to get in the way if you build up everything first and decal it dead last.

Not knocking the decals mind you, But having used them on 2 Corsair builds so far they can be a tremendous time-suck and frustrating as hell if they start to go pear-shaped.

david

I think when and if I can get one of these beauties, I think as a Canadian I might default to a Royal Navy scheme, as I think most USN ones have been done, some of those British ground based Corsairs have an interesting paint scheme and markings, just something a little bit colorful, but press on Danny , I'm watching and savoring here.... I learn so much from you guys..

Jeff

That sound's really interesting Jeff, it's alway's nice to see a different sort of color scheme on these beauty's.

Me for instance would like to do a French Navy Corsair, i like their color scheme's, so maybe one day........

Thank's for hoping in mate.

Hey danny,

If its not too late to make in intervention, i strongly recommend applying the cockpit placard decals to the individual cockpit components before assembling them together. The decals are thin, but the glue is strong and there will be lots of tedious poking and coaxing to maneuver them into place and things tend to get in the way if you build up everything first and decal it dead last.

Not knocking the decals mind you, But having used them on 2 Corsair builds so far they can be a tremendous time-suck and frustrating as hell if they start to go pear-shaped.

david

Indeed a very good point like Harv said, thank's for the feedback David, i will keep that for sure in my mind. :thumbsup:  :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny

Today my intention was to put the first paint onto the cockpit part's...........well that didn't worked out like i wanted :doh:

First there's was some need of extra detailing regarding tubing and wiring so, i made a start on that.

It's not like the real stuff, i did some research but it's not completely accurate.

First thing to do was drill out the weight holes in the frame of the rudder pedal foot rest's.

DSCN3033_zpsqdjkiflz.jpg

Further you will see the result of this. Next thing to do was adding some wires and tubing onto the bulkhead. For this i used some lead and copper wire.

DSCN3036_zpsjqiz51c5.jpg

DSCN3038_zpst0x2kk44.jpg

Some dry-fit to see if nothing is in the way.

DSCN3039_zpsjwhnwgob.jpg

DSCN3041_zps7eg2lbtd.jpg

DSCN3042_zpsjwlq40ys.jpg

And also a dry-fit of the hollowed frames of the rudder pedals

DSCN3045_zpsybcrfmtm.jpg

DSCN3046_zpsegfcrqpm.jpg

DSCN3048_zpsowumo1jg.jpg

DSCN3050_zpssazcyonl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Your detail work makes a big difference - bulkhead looks very much "alive"!!!

Lothar

Thank's Lothar  :speak_cool:  Indeed, that was the reason i did some detailing, maybe not much will be seen once it's enclosed into the fuselage, but it will give the overall appearance of the cockpit surely a boost.

Greetz

Danny

Well, my planning regarding painting thing's this weekend didn't really makes sense. There's a lot of stuff that needed to be assembled, so i've bin a little busy this weekend with glue.

Most of the cockpit part's are glued, but not assembled, just a little dry-fit to see if thing's are correct.

DSCN3056_zps7z6cd7ki.jpg

DSCN3058_zpsk1coxq9r.jpg

Also the aft section of the tail wheel bay is glued, also here a little dry-fit.

DSCN3059_zpslbiuxigb.jpg

Tail wheel  construction

DSCN3065_zpsvcsucrt5.jpg

DSCN3067_zpsl6srwl54.jpg

Cockpit side-walls on the fuselage had nasty sink marks, so they needed to be removed.Also glued the details onto the side-walls.

DSCN3061_zpsxwltz4rj.jpg

DSCN3062_zpsy7hltrj1.jpg

Pilot seat.

DSCN3063_zps7kodybqs.jpg

And a group photo

DSCN3064_zpslc6jzi0t.jpg

Edited by DannyVM