Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair 'Marines Dream' WIP.

Guest DannyVM

Danny, man that engines pretty..........

I tried wiring mine, my eyesight gave out.......may borrow your wash technique though... 

Thank's mate, :speak_cool:

it's indeed a painstaking job, but at the end it's worth it. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you :(

I used the MIG dark wash for the engine components. 

The inside of the engine cowl was light gray on all Corsairs from the F4U-1 to the end of production. At least that is what was called for in the build TO's. 

:oops:  i think i totally missed this one. It's to late to repaint this area, but i will use a heavy wash to tone down the color. Thank's for your feedback ScoobyDoo :speak_cool:

Nice work on the engine Danny, I ran all the ignition wiring too. 

Thank's ScoobyDoo :thumbsup:

I agree!

Thank's Ron :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny

Tom, Andy, thank's guy's for the nice comment's :speak_cool:

How's the recovery coming along Danny??

Very good progress so far. I don't feel much pain anymore regarding the broken ribs, but it's my arm at the moment who's giving me bad times. This week i needed to go for an echo to search where the pain came from, and after the doctor looked at it, the verdict was an arthritis of my elbow joint. So still no work for me, and i need to rest with this arm, including less modelling. :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  I'm not happy with this diagnose :angry2:  :angry2:

But ok, it is not so bad, with a further two weeks recovery i hope that everything will be fine.

Greetz

Danny

Guest Peterpools

Danny

Aces on the big P&W; she looks fantastic and the cowl PE details are the whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate for sure.

Glad you are on the mend and feeling better, even though it does take time.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

Danny

Aces on the big P&W; she looks fantastic and the cowl PE details are the whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate for sure.

Glad you are on the mend and feeling better, even though it does take time.

Keep 'em coming

Peter  :popcorn:

Thank's Peter for the nice comment's :thumbsup:

Regarding the Cowl pe, i'm surprised i don't see this very often used by other modelers.

LESS MODELING!!??? I think you need to see another doctor ... second opinion !! LOL!!!   :rofl:  Great news Danny... great news

Jeff

Spot on Jeff.......... :whistle: ................do you really think i listen to that advice.............after lying for about 4 whole weeks in a hospital bed :mental:  :mental:  :mental: ...............i don't think so :D  :D  :D

But the arm need's to rest, so i let it rest..............on my modeling table :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Excellent work so far!  :)

HÃ¥kan 

Thank's HÃ¥kan for the nice comment. :speak_cool: 

Greetz

Danny