Revell 1/32 Tomcat

petrov27

Those missiles look fantastic Patrick.

Eduard provides nice resin, but you really did 'em justice with your paint and decal work.

Question: did you find the TwoBobs decals superior to Eduard's?

Rich

Thanks Rich! Yes, I found the Two Bobs decals better than what Eduard supplies though I imagine you can do OK with them. Eduard's markings are a little unusual - they seem maybe for the later AIM-7M vs. the 7E while the resin is more 7E than M from I can tell (not a sparrow expert but that is from what I see comparing to various pics) I found one pic of a F-14 from VF-1 on the 1978 cruise that I likely will model here and it carried a sparrow marked very similar to the Two Bobs 7E markings so I went with those. One caveat with the TB markings though is that they are provided in two large wrap around decals - basically the entire body of the missile is covered in decal - instead I cut them apart so as to better fit given the raised areas on the sides of the body.

After scouring my basement floor I was able to find the broken fins from the one I dropped - I think I can likely repair it so that is cool. Might need to think of lowering my paintbooth (it sets high and currently I stand when airbrushing) or getting a rubber mat for the floor - several things have bit the dust due to my clumsiness....

And this arrived yesterday - old resin for an old kit. Instructions say 1993 - given how yellowed the plastic container is I wonder if this was a "first edition" cast in '93 (the contents feel really aged as well)

The detail seems pretty good though some parts are broken and there are lots of little pin holes in spots

001_zpsp2cdboli.jpg