1:350 'Soya' Icebreaker

Iain

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately the previous images are down for now whilst I sort a new home for them (since I took the 'skywriters.net' 32SIG site down).

However - needing a break from aeroplanes - and with some new nautical stuff having arrived that I'd like to crack on with - I've decided to get this one done and dusted.

So - a little more progress (and 10p coin for a sense of scale - really is a tiny model):

IMG_9304_zpscgphylvb.jpg

IMG_9307_zpswavfpgou.jpg

IMG_9306_zpspz3revla.jpg

IMG_9305_zps5dyhjxn3.jpg

Have fun!

Iain

Guest Peterpools

Iain

Nice to the the Soya back on the bench and going to cross the line. terrific work and a joy to have been following.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 1 month later...

I've been brave at last and added some of the very fiddly photo-etched railings, along with the netting around the heli-pad on the stern. 

Bit of a learning curve - and had to be in the right frame of mind - although not perfect I'm looking at this project as a learning piece in preparation for some other nautical subjects I have stashed away.

Components glued in place with PVA as that's very forgiving and allows for careful positioning. The helipad netting was bonded with superglue in key locations - with a little PVA elsewhere once in the correct position.

IMG_9516_zpsjiw9kleo.jpg

IMG_9517_zpswnmaj0gm.jpg

IMG_9518_zpsevqzywvc.jpg

IMG_9519_zpsyr9vosuw.jpg

Off to play with something a little bigger now - my eyes need a rest!

Have fun...

Iain

Thanks Jim - I have a part started 1:350 HMS Hood with the Lion Roar, White Ensign sets and Pontos deck, a 1:350 HMS Dreadnaught with the Pontos Set and a 1:200 HMS Hood that's waiting on the release of the new mega Pontos set (this one *may* be next).

Also have 1:350 USS Nimitz and HMS Illustrious - but they are some way in the future - perhaps...

A really nice change of pace from aeroplanes - and lots of family connections with the sea.

Mustn't buy any more though!!  :)

Iain

• 4 weeks later...