Tamiya A6M5 Zero

Daywalker

Man Frank I don't know how I missed this one, Great job on the completed build brutha! Very realistic finish on that one! You've got a gift with the models, especially Japanese A/C! :)

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

Greetings Paul, no worries! Glad you enjoyed her, she sits prominently in the front of my display case on the top shelf. One of my favorites!

I agree with Paul, no clue how I missed this one Frank. Very well done!

Thank you Brian, much appreciated!

Guest KingK_series

I finished this one this morning, the first LSP I ever started back in September of 2008. Being one of the first of Tamiya's super kits, any problems I encountered were most certainly my own doing. I added a lot of wiring in the cockpit and engine, other than that it is OOB. Markings were all masked and sprayed using masks by AdAstra and Montex, with the small serial number square on the left rear fuselage being a dry transfer from HobbyDecal. Ian from AdAstra made my custom sized hinomaru masks, while the tail numbers were from a Montex set. All others including the wing warnings, propeller stripes, landing gear load indicators, and leading edge identity stripes were masked with Tamiya tape. Colors used were custom mixed Tamiya acrylics. The cowl halves do not line up perfectly as they are removable to show the finished engine. Thanks for looking in!

002-7.jpg

003-5.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

010.jpg

Very subtle, very nicely done, which to me means it looks like a Zero rather than a model, thankyou so much for sharing it, beautiful!

Super detailed, very nice engine.

Paul

Thank you so much Paul!

Hi Daywalker

Congrats for this Zero! Perfectly build, nicely painted and subtly wheathered.

Cheers

Very kind of you to say, I appreciate that very much! :thumbsup: