WW2 US Army 10-in-1 Ration Cartons

KitmodellerNZ

I haven't been doing much on the kit building front as of late. Instead I decided to create some artwork for some US WW2 ration cartons. Using photos of real WW2 cartons as reference I used Illustrator and Photoshop to creat my artwork. The cartons show varying levels of wear – from new to stained and worn. The wear and stains were created with custom brushes and I used a high res image of cardboard which shows corrugations for a realistic effect. I built the Photoshop files at a size that will allow me to make them as small as I like or enlarge them up to 1/16 and retain the quality.

Here's a photo of 3 prototypes I quickly mocked up. I printed these on a light stock using the duplex feature on my printer so I could also have the cardboard image on the inside of the box. Basically trim with a sharp scalpel, fold and then glue with PVA or use double sided tape. I can fit 19 x 1/35 scale cartons comfortably on an A4 sheet.

I'm thinking my next build might have to be a Sherman or a cargo truck. 

Rationcartonsproto_zps95526caf.jpg

Hi Kitmodeller,

The rations look great! Love it! And its paper modeling ;-). Would you mind sharing the file with me? That would be great addition to my Chaffee. I can easily upscale it to my needs and it would save me some work.

Edited by Tomek