Mals Adventures..Hey Another FW190A8R2...

Mal_Belford

Allright....

Lets see, out of the ashes in to the fire.....in a way...

Ive just finnished my other project that have been on the non lsp section of my FW190A8R2 Oscar Bosch Diorama...small finnishing touches left...

But as aive said ave allready started little on thsi one, but now its about to start.....

The kit is Hasegawa FW190A7, realized on thing, in fact it is the same kit, exept if doing a A7, you need to backdate it with small modifications, but we are not going for that,

We are going for another FW190A8R2,

Allright over to the build.

As those follow me freq, they know that i buy secondhand unbuilt kits, money saver big time, and also leaves me room to put effort on good quality tools, paint, and so on instead that actually help my moddeling.

Well there is some thing to take in concern with buying second hand over ebay...post handling the package.....the package were damage, and yes off course things are damaged, this one is the worst, oh well i wont let that take me down, start repairing....

firs ive glued that crack and pressed them togehter so that plastic bubbles, that way it creates a solid joint with models own plastic, belivie me on this one, it will be strong, Mals Way.

Ive used a platic card piece and ca gued with slight tension, then hot water so it reduces stress in the plastic and get back to right shape, Perfect, dryfitted the engine inside and it is perfect fit, now to check that

all shape is correct, need to take care of thees things in a early stage, much easier to fixem now than later.....

yep, look at them stressmarks and that crack....this is going to be perfect....and solid....

IMG_6292_zps1e591bfc.jpg

IMG_6293_zps57b15ad2.jpg

Yep...this is straight on and looks real good....now let it rest tomorrow,,,,

IMG_6291_zpsfc4e9297.jpg

One thing..the indevid im going for is Werner Conradt, II.(Sturm)/JG 300...one interesting thing i like is the number one, also i really like the artist Arkadiusz Wrobel interpret of this one, ive used his interpret of Oscar bosh also....i like them tones and style in painting...

2_189.jpg

one thing paralell with this build upcoming days ill be finnishing one another build, namely my Mrs Bonnie P51....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal

Good to see you back in the seat. Trucks...I mean really? :)

Im waiting...show me some more of your magic so I can steal your ideas...

Best

Geoff

thanks Geoff.

lol.....that were just tiny truck and dont even count lol. Ok next diorama ill put a small motorcycle with a sidecart, just for you to see :D

Yep steal borrow take whatever you like, modifie. improve, develop it, make it fit you, giveback ;)

modelling evolution i a effective way....i do that all the time..

/Mal

Thanks John.

Shure need it, ill have to inventory rest of the kit so i dont get any more bad surprises llke that engine cowling, ill airbrush florys on that after ive fixed it to see that it is flawless, yep florys wash,better than primer or paint in this case, just to see that the surface is perfect, much easier to strip it afterwards.

just use water and dish liquid to remove.

Must check it properly in the early stage, im in for riveting this one to, same as the previous one, it ads to the whole for me.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Another 190 and with all the practice, I just can't wait to see Mal's magic inaction

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Allright.

Remeber what i said about using wash to check for errors, ive used it several times this way....when checked just water and dishliquid to remove.

just to confirm what i allready knew, but it need to be checked anyway, looks good, like never happened....

IMG_6295_zpsc3a62f49.jpg

/mal

Allright them mg covling channels......

as ive seen on some illustrations they didnt cover em......

got to check it out.

some input on this one...i would be wery happy for some info if known...

im in for covered.

Mal

Mal,

The covers for the cowl gun channels were specific to the individual aircraft. Some of them had them and others did not. I'm on my phone right now so I can't see the profile well enough to say. maybe you when I get back to my computer it will be more clear or, maybe someone else will know the answer.

John

That illustration is just the artist interptetation.
Is the same one that did the Oscar Bosch also not covered. But they were.

The info about this indevid with actual photos is sparse.

took me several hours google up the pilot who flew this aircraft.

found it at last, on a site that is addons for PC WW2 Simulator IL2 sturmovic....and when i got the name on this one, then found some more on other sites.

it seems he died during test flight -44, (according to one other site) stationed Lobnitz...

http://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/Jagdgeschwader-JG300-Kills.html

Edited by Mal_Belford

Allright.

Some work done today.

That seat is thinned so it looks more right......took a while...

IMG_6298_zps4db26f68.jpg

That cowlings locks the upper front ones is removed with putty....

IMG_6299_zpsfd9df384.jpg

The exhaust pipes are done, also thinned them edges, the brass tubes in place to...

IMG_6297_zps9e556e1e.jpg

This were done earlier...next stop for this one get new bearings made out of brasstube..the engine casting is ok, so them ignition wires wont be seen much when everything is in place, but can just be sligtly visible behind the fan and it is there.....

IMG_6300_zps5f69f437.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Nice fix on the cowl and some mighty good progress on the engine as well. What did you use for the ignition wires? Was it thin plastic tubing?

Keep 'em coming

Peter