Czech Models T-33 Silver Star

BloorwestSiR

What's the difference/contrast between the primered and un-primered parts of that wing like in person, Carl? From the photos alone, I really like the effect you got on the un-primered parts.

I have a Ki-61 about to hit the Eric Brown group build, I may start picking your brain on this topic before too long!

Darren

Thanks guys!

What's the difference/contrast between the primered and un-primered parts of that wing like in person, Carl? From the photos alone, I really like the effect you got on the un-primered parts.

I have a Ki-61 about to hit the Eric Brown group build, I may start picking your brain on this topic before too long!

Darren

There's enough difference between the primered areas and the sections I left as bare plastic. I would recommend giving the bare plastic a polish first and use light coats of Alcad. The light coats minimize any chance of the Alcad crazing the plastic.

This is the first time where I've sprayed Alcad on a primered surface.

Hope that helps Darren.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Hope that helps Darren.

Carl

Thanks for the details, I'm still mulling options because I've never worked with Alclad yet at all but so far "taking things slowly" seems to be the common factor in everything I've read so far.

Darren