Ok, a final update, looking backwards and forwards a bit. Found some of my 'build' pics (but not all of them :-( ) and here are the final pics as well.
My first attempt at painting some of the details such as the tape over the gun muzzles: Needed the arrows to show me exactly where to paint:
You know, when you get old, notes helps remind you what you are suppose to be doing!
Just a look at some of the masking done for the camo pattern. I had copied the decal placement pictures. All told the masking alone took about four hours - cutting the camo part out, transferring to tape (2x). not sure I want to do this again...
Ok. SO that was soo about a month ago. Have not masked the canopy yet for WX D so went ahead and finished DU N.
Finished with Vallejo acrylics, and a very light and heavily thinned flat white (actually, its the Vallejo primer) overspray to knock down the flat even more and give it a bit of a chalky finish. Not sure how well it comes through in the pics. One thing I did notice in one of the pics is that somewhere along the line the tail wheel went missing. Uh oh....
And the missing tailwheel:
FUN little kit - too WAY too long to finish off. Sigh. It was a fun kit and I got to try out some masking technique without spending (and potentially messing up) a $100 kit. LOTS I would do differently if I was really trying to make this into a show bird, but it was enjoyable to put together. The cockpit is not too bad, but sadly does not take well to pictures after being built. Rats, its all PE and all. I HAVE to find those build pics!
BTW, the masking over the primer went perfectly. Vallejo primer and acrylics. Still working on getting the paint mixtures correct.
Edited by CANicoll, 27 August 2017 - 02:49 AM.