1/32 scale Halifax update (sort of)

Cees Broere

:rolleyes:-->

QUOTE(derek B @ Dec 5 2006, 03:54 PM) 95512[/snapback]

Hi Cees,

As for your TR1154/1155 radio sets, I also have to make these for my Beaufighter interior detail set...do you have any good reference sources for this equipment?

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

I am going to take the various photo's of the T1154/R1155 sets for you, while I still have them.

The 1154 will be swapped soon for some very important Halifax bits. Let me know if the photo's

should be posted on the site or mailed directly to you. In the latter case which e-mail should I use. Measurements will be included for reference. If you need any specific details feel free to let me know.

Cheers

Cees

Cees - PM inbound.

Cheers

Derek

:rolleyes:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derek B @ Dec 5 2006, 03:54 PM) 95512[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi Cees,

As for your TR1154/1155 radio sets, I also have to make these for my Beaufighter interior detail set...do you have any good reference sources for this equipment?

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

I am going to take the various photo's of the T1154/R1155 sets for you, while I still have them.

The 1154 will be swapped soon for some very important Halifax bits. Let me know if the photo's

should be posted on the site or mailed directly to you. In the latter case which e-mail should I use. Measurements will be included for reference. If you need any specific details feel free to let me know.

Cheers

Cees

• 3 months later...

Back again,

I have found some new inspiration to start on the evergoing Halifax build. I have started on the

wing centresection and nacelles. As I have built a new tailplane, I was thinking about building a new centresection as well but that was not something I was looking forward to. Surprisingly the provided parts by ID Models were reasonably good and I decided to use them. Over the past week I have been cutting, sanding and fitting as it should be with vacforms but progress is good.

Here's the two inner engine nacelles

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1191165772.jpg

The uppersections of the undercarriage bays with structure added and the undercarriage legs layed out. Work is continuing on the undercarriage bays and the cutting out of the doors which takes a lot of trial and error (measure at least more than twice before cutting once)

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1191166132.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have lenghtened the inner engine nacelles to give it the typical conical shape to

mount the cowling gills on otherwise there was nothing to fit it onto. Fitting

a smaller plastic card disc with some scap plastic in between which was then

roughly filled with milliput.This is now sanded to shape as well as the

undercarriage door aperetures cut out. Also the scratch built tailfins were

given the milliput treatment. All they need now is some more sanding to

shape and then they can be fitted to the horizontal taiplane. I'm having a

ball at the moment.

Modelling is fun :)

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1191864181.jpg

• 3 weeks later...