D-Day plus 80 Diorama

TimW

As if I don't have enough work to do, I'm also doing an Omaha Beach dio for the 80th Anniversary of D-Day.

I have the base fairly well developed at this point--pics to come!    

This will show elements of the 29th ID reaching a German MG position and getting ready to take it out, as the gunners are distracted and reloading.

I have a bunch of different Dragon/DML figures and Tamiya ones I'll be using.

Stay tuned!

Tim W.

OK--got most of the base done.  I used that purple foam stuff they sell at Home Depot to build up the terrain, cut the trench with the inexpensive heat wand thing I got from Amazon.   Balsa wood also involved.

Used plaster impregnated cloth to cover everything, then some additional plaster to fill in gaps, some AK interactive mud stuff I've used on armor kits.

Assorted other terrain stuff consisting of ballast, lichen, gravel etc from Custom Dioramics and elsewhere.  The sand bags are from Green Stuff World (found on internet).  You simply glue them on, wet them with a white glue/water mix and let them dry.  I will probably paint them/weather them a bit more though to dull down the color which is pretty close to accurate anyway.

Wire comes from  Green Stuff World again, very easy to work with.  Tank obstacles are from MiniArt.  The whole thing will need to be flat coated at the end as it's a bit shiny.   Will also be adding some Camo netting in various places.

More to come.

Bh7lZUK.jpeg

TWSiXSE.jpeg

918Orcr.jpeg