1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109G-6 R-6 Trop - Regia Aeronautica, Tenente Ugo Drago, 363 Squadriglia 150 Gruppo, Sciacca, Sicily, June 1943

s00ntir

This model was a real pain for me to build ... glued - dismantled - glued again - and again corrected. And it's not even the fault of some imperfections of the Trumpeter kit (Revell and Hasegawa are not perfect either) but rather because of my lack of knowledge about the Bf-109G - and the mistakes I made during construction process. I don't even dare to describe the whole project. Finally: the Trumpeter kit has been improved - the upper part of cowling has been replaced with correct resin from Barracuda Studios, rudder – taken from Revell kit, riveting recreated with Rosie the Riveter tools. Dust filter, wheels and propeller from QuickBoost. I airbrushed the model with MRP paints (typical scheme RLM 74/75/76 with mottling characteristic for Erla production) using Montex and PMask vinyl masks. All stencils are wet transfers from HGW. And so, against all odds, the Erla bulid Bf-109G-6/R-6/Trop in the livery of Tenente Ugo Drago from 363 Squadriglia 150 Gruppo, Sciaccia, Sicily, July 1943 was born. In the only preserved photo, the plane does not look worn - that's why I did the weathering gently. The plane was operational just for several days before it was shot down (Drago miraculously survived). But truly - I'm not happy with this build - this Trumpeter kit is somehow "strange" so to say... I prefer Hasegawa's Messershmits. Nevertheless - I hope some of you will like it.ABLVV870V04tg3pxOhZ1Yck6EJ_Nvcc8SEXrqEPC

ABLVV87vUnYLnICAKTn7CT-pBodIjY7taeTmkpWg

ABLVV85khTkFawnNsqoNkA3yEBsZ2u6m6A2Shroj

ABLVV87KPbseWr6kiQYjxVg8DwVd-KihZrei8waR

ABLVV85R447w_ebo4HzgkyjmllYDLGcnCK0-F0BB

ABLVV86d8jf2oXTeBtaaoTT-C_p_G8EGBYVzXqNv

ABLVV87KPI4fXN6YKSlay3RAegHooDACpggsFgen

Edited by s00ntir

• s00ntir changed the title to 1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109G-6 R-6 Trop - Regia Aeronautica, Tenente Ugo Drago, 363 Squadriglia 150 Gruppo, Sciaccia, Sicily, June 1943
  • s00ntir changed the title to 1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109G-6 R-6 Trop - Regia Aeronautica, Tenente Ugo Drago, 363 Squadriglia 150 Gruppo, Sciacca, Sicily, June 1943