Alley Cat models

mozart

On 2/2/2024 at 6:24 PM, mozart said:

I don't yet have a really reliable side view drawing of a Grebe, but using one that is to hand I have superimposed it onto a Gamecock drawing: there are a few obvious differences most noticeably the tail fin shape but I don't see too much that isn't do-able:

TdJ49v.jpg

Hi Max,
The "greble" is an extrapolation of the SE5. it may be possible to start from a SE5 Roden to modify the fuselage of the Gamecock. But it seems to me that the wings were also different.  

Richard

Indeed Richard, both designed by Folland.  I think an SE5a to a Grebe would be quite a jump, but worth looking at for sure. Thanks for your advice. :D

I’m going to see this beauty (Gamecock) next Wednesday to take pictures and notes:

Jctme3.jpg

YR7duw.jpg

And while I’m there, a Typhoon cockpit that’s being restored….all grist to my mill! 

Edited by mozart

1 hour ago, europapete said:

Nice day out Max, which museum is that?

Yep, hope so. It’s called the JetAge Museum on the site of the old Staverton airport near Gloucester……Gloster! Couple of hours up the M5, north of Bristol. 

Edited by mozart

3 hours ago, mozart said:

Yep, hope so. It’s called the JetAge Museum on the site of the old Staverton airport near Gloucester……Gloster! Couple of hours up the M5, north of Bristol. 

Didn't that used to be 'Skyfame'...

Went bust and redistributed their collection around the country. Duxford's Mosquito came from there.

2 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Didn't that used to be 'Skyfame'...

Went bust and redistributed their collection around the country. Duxford's Mosquito came from there.

Indeed it was Rich, on the old Staverton airfield alongside the M5. 

Tempting Grebe schemes....guess which is my favourite?

5IQtOS.jpg

Edited by mozart