Tamiya 1/16 RC JS - 2

ironman1945

Got really lucky, bought a partially competed Tamiya RC 1/16 JS-2 from our local hoppy shop a few months ago.

Picked it up along with the Tamiya 1/16 RC Jagdpanther and King Tiger, which were fully built.  Bought all 3 for $750 Canadian. quite a deal!

Looking to re-finish all of them. Just completed the JS-2. Cut back parts of the fenders based on pictures of JS-2s in Berlin 1945. 

Repainted and weathered it, and am the middle of completing a commander figure for it. Great fun, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Cheers!  

Dave/Ironman1945

20231022_135706

20231022_135721

20231022_135808

20231022_135744

38 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

That is SUPER cool!! I wish I had the space to build stuff like this, but I'm just not going there!

T

HAHA Tim I'm not sure if I have the space... but... building it anyway!  And I still have the 1/32 B-17/Lancaster/A-20/B-25/Ju 88/He 111 monsters in the wings... no clue where they will go.. likely hanging from the ceiling. 

Cheers!

Dave/Ironman1945

11 hours ago, eoyguy said:

Man, I have been hoping that Heng Long would come out with one for a price that I could afford. Love that beast. Nicely done.

Or Takom or Das Werk or I Love Kit or Gallery or Trumpeter! I have 3 RC kits, don't really need more for the price. Would prefer a cheaper static kit.

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Or Takom or Das Werk or I Love Kit or Gallery or Trumpeter! I have 3 RC kits, don't really need more for the price. Would prefer a cheaper static kit.

Oh, I agree.  I would love for an actual scale model, non-RC version, even if Tamiya would release theirs without the RC stuff. But I ain't holdin' my breath..

19 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

BTW,you wouldn't want to part with one of those for, say, a "number" of LSP kits?