MRP paints Australia

Gazzas

• LSP_K2 changed the title to MRP paints Australia
9 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Did you check manufacturer's website? (mrpaint.sk) They do ship to US so they might ship to OZ as well. It is likely not worth for one or two bottles but few more might make it a decent deal.

I looked at their site...   but that was as far as it went.  I know it wouldn't be financially viable for my small purchase.

10 hours ago, Wayne Bull said:

Yes they are a pain to get down here although some have made it , Sms is very similar and easily available here in NZ  its good paint but some of the colors are not even close to what they are supposed to be which is a shame . If they payed a bit more attension to getting getting the colors right we wouldnt need MRP and the postage hassels .

Just so no one thinks i'm booting SMS i'm one of those modelers that like the paint to be as close as possable to the real thing and accurate .Then i can deal with scale effects ect to my taste . Hence i spend far to much time stuffing around mixing colors but hey its kind of fun ,Weird i know but thats me .

I'm no stranger to color mixing.  But when it comes to finding the right red...   that's just beyond me.

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

An E-mail from BNA:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately we do not deal with them anymore. 

Should you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us again."

That message possibly won't win any customer service or useful information awards..

8 hours ago, Shoggz said:

That message possibly won't win any customer service or useful information awards..

It told me all I need to know, really...  Once my small stock of MRP is gone, I'll never be able to use it again.  Australia is a small market with lots of competition from Tamiya and the up and coming SMS.  My small circle of friends mostly use Tamiya for their models.  And SMS has come up with a lot of awesome car and military colors, including some Australian military colors that nobody else has.