Revell F-4E Terminator Nato 70th

gregh

Good day all!

My first build thread hereon LSP. Bare with me as I'm not a particularly fast builder. 

Thanks to the help in my previous thread, I decided to use my Revell F-4G kit as the base for a turkish F-4E terminator. I fell for the beautiful tail artwork of the 70th anniversary NATO scheme. on advice of the member here, I ordered the legend cockpit set, babi models terminator 3d decals, phantom phreak decals, eduard brassin seats, which I have decided to use instad of the legend seats, and a gt resin correction nose.

While I was waiting on my parts to arrive, I started assembling the rear fuselage sections and cleaning them up. The parts started arriving last week, so I've been slowly getting everything to start fitting before paint. I am having a bit of trouble getting the GT resin nose to sit well. It seems to be slightly bgger than the kit part. I have some basic cuts done, and an ok fit I can work with for now. 

Here are a few progress pics so far. The last few evenings have been spent cleaning and re-scribing the spine as well. It's coming but still a wats to go. 

Any advice on building this kit, I'm all ears. 

Cheers

Greg

Disregard the belly strap. I found out after I ordered it these airframes do not require it

20230518-162034.jpg

20230525-102253.jpg

20230518-213640.jpg

20230525-204926.jpg

20230525-204935.jpg

20230518-213646.jpg

the eduard seat is just so nice compared to the legend one, it needs to be built for this

20230525-212227.jpg

What a compilation of parts. I hope you can work some magic on that nose! I’m going to have to go find that scheme and check it out. I did the black falcon scheme last year so i know how easy it is to get caught up in those cool Turkish liveries!

• 3 months later...

Good morning all, 

I'm back at the Revell terminator phantom. I normally don't build in the summer months, so I'm back for the fall session. The legend cockpit seems to have changed slightly from earlier builds I've seen. Mainly, the sidewalls now have a sill. Having said that, I have spent many hours to this point getting the cockpit to fit in place. 

As you can see, I'm going with a mix of the legend set and cockpit parts. Reason for this is the 3d printed instruments are meant to fit the kit parts. Also, it seems the legend rear IP is the incorrect type for the Turkish terminators. I'm satisfied so far with the tub fit, but the sidewalls are being a real pain. I trimmed the existing sills, and have been filling/sanding to give it the seamless look. 

It's a lot of work, but I believe it'll be worth it once it's all come together. I have to fit the other side sidewalls, then I can start painting the pit up. I'm really looking forward to getting the Eduard seats together. 

r1hKfVI.jpg

NW3qJTz.jpgDeD7CWn.jpgXnY3P05.jpgA3SnIOR.jpg