F-18 E/F AMRAAM dual carry

I am sure this is bound to be a considered a silly question, but I figured I would ask those here who are more knowledgeable.  Just watched Top Gun Maverick (again)  and on stations 2 and 10, can the F-18E/F carry two AMRAAMS each on a dual rail system?  Or is this just artistic license for the movie?

3 minutes ago, ulvdemon said:

Cool, so I guess it's possible to do this in a model then if I choose too.

Not like the movie still shows - it looks like the missiles are just glued to the sides of the pylons (which aren't even the right pylons for stations 2/10); dual carriage requires a LAU-115 with a pair of LAU-127 rails bolted to the sides, so the missiles would be 1. on launch rails, and 2. mounted below the pylon proper as the LAU-115 attached to the pylon bomb rack.  If you're gonna do it, at least do it right.

According to the reference I listed above, AIM-120's are only cleared for use on Station 2, 5, 7, and 10 on both the F/A-18E and F/A-18F.  Single carriage only and do require LAU-127's.  Only AIM-9's  and TACTS pods are cleared for wingtip carriage.

1 hour ago, CShanne said:

Maybe my counting is off, but anyway, there is a photo :-) 

I think I'm seeing the image you're looking at and to me, that looks more like a illustration than a photo. I may be wrong though.  I have the Detail and Scale book on the Super Hornet as well and there's only one shot of a  Super Hornet with multiple AIM-120's and it's a test bird at Pax River.  I don't know why it couldn't handle multiple AIM-120's though.  I think the legacy Hornets could so why wouldn't these as well? 

16 hours ago, Juggernut said:

According to the reference I listed above, AIM-120's are only cleared for use on Station 2, 5, 7, and 10 on both the F/A-18E and F/A-18F.  Single carriage only and do require LAU-127's.  Only AIM-9's  and TACTS pods are cleared for wingtip carriage.

At the time of publication, that was true.  Jake's book is 12 years old at this point, though.  Dual carriage on certain stations may be authorized now (I don't know for certain, it's not my field of concern any longer so I haven't really kept up with what the SH is and is not authorized to use in the fleet.)

39 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

At the time of publication, that was true.  Jake's book is 12 years old at this point, though.  Dual carriage on certain stations may be authorized now (I don't know for certain, it's not my field of concern any longer so I haven't really kept up with what the SH is and is not authorized to use in the fleet.)

I have the 2nd edition that was published in 2020.  If he didn't update the content then that may be the case.  I don't have a working knowledge of the F/A-18E/F other than what it says in the references I have.  I did look at several photos both in Jake's book and online and like I said earlier, I only found one that showed double-carriage of AIM-120's and that was a test bird out of Pax River.  You may be entirely correct that it's now authorized.  I saw an Australian site where it shows the possible loadouts for the F/A-18E and they list dual carriage of AIM-120's on several wing stations. 

Thanks everyone for the info.  Of course, this is the issue when basing a possible build off of something from a movie vs. real world.  Then again, nothing wrong with building it just because it looks cool.