WNW SE5a "Late Fall Patrol"

Greif8

15 minutes ago, mozart said:

Well isn’t that a scene of great beauty, you get exactly the right feeling…….the kind I have right now of a frosty morning here in England. We know of course what has gone into every single element of your diorama, from the intricacy of the structure of the SE5a, the sublime painting and weathering, and of course the two pilot figures which bring the whole scene to life. That cigarette is the focal point, you can sense the relish on the pilot’s face. Wonderful Ernest, awesome even. 

Thank you for the kind words Max, you are very generous.  I really enjoyed making the base with my daughter, and to be honest most of the praise for how the base turned out should go to her.  I only had to briefly show her how to add the snow mix to the tree and the ground and she went to work.  And she did a fantastic job, especially considering she is only 8 years old.  I only made a few adjustments and added a couple of effects like the tire marks and the trampled areas.  As satisfied as I am with the SE5a and figures, the base will always be my favorite part of this build.

Ernest