f2253183868b5d6536126285ad21fbd1.jpg

Day 40 Hardware Installation. Added the extended H-Bar making it ready for the Fast Rope. Added the Cockpit Map Lights and tubing and wiring that surrounds the center windshield. Next, I will drill the three holes and add the clear dump tubes to the transmission cover. I still need to add a few black and white electrical boxes and wiring harness ties. I plan to add the clear access door above the GN's head, and a whole bunch of communications and steel cables. Adding layers to this onion has been fun, even if it has taken me over a month.

• 2 weeks later...

2dc3ea697ec316ff82daa9febb3b88e4.jpg

Day 50 of my build, I decided to scrap the previous attempt and build from scratch the actual collection point for all three tubes. I particularly like the way the dump tube retaining clamps came out, they literally attach the dump tubes to the cabin ceiling and appear exactly like the real thing, even thought nobody will later notice during exhibition. Next, more paint. I also added the plexiglass cover with actual retaining knobs over the gunner's head. I left it open, as that is the way we always flew it (the knobs never worked). These challenges are fun, time consuming, but fun. More to follow...

Edited by Zorro
Grammer Errors

01f7de4cbfceaafe5df1ba3542de5f5a.jpg

Day 50 a forest of parts is appearing in my studio. I am excited about making them come to life. The best part about this build is the memories that it brings back from the real thing. "These Things We Do, That Others May Live."

Edited by Zorro
Spelling Error

On 11/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, Zorro said:

2117917c1f71417916158116b1c47f32.jpg

I took this photograph of my MH-60G Pave Hawk II during Operation TASK FORCE HAWK circa June 1999.

Have you already found the correct nose cone for your particulary Pavehawk? the one with the kit is not correct AFAIK

I have not found the correct nose cone. I may need to make it from scratch. If you know where I can order the correct scale nose hood that would allow the radar dome to be added, is greatly appreciated. Zorro

18 hours ago, kike_gt said:

Have you already found the correct nose cone for your particulary Pavehawk? the one with the kit is not correct AFAIK

I have the correct color radar dome. I do not have the faring that connects it to the avionic hood.

9007166d515a0e920b47c29b54f91af3.jpg

Day 51 and the cabin ceiling is coming along slowly but much more accurate. I added the connecting valve for the drain tubes. Next the white safety straps and steel cables. I also have to add the NVG cockpit light, Fire Handles, and Fuel Transfer Levers (not to mention all the switches on the overhead panel).

55 minutes ago, jmel said:

Really cool stuff!!  I love all the additional details you're adding.

Jake

Jake,

Thank you. I have enjoyed taking my time. I have given myself over 300 days to complete this build. It takes the pressure off and allows me to experiment with creating parts from everyday items. My last build was an RC World War II, K Class British Destroyer. I built the entire working model from scratch, circa 1987 - 1988, it took me 11 months to build.

Zorro

• 1 month later...

357aef4b03089588cb3c183e8ff90907.jpg

Day 94 corrected an error with the Kitty Hawk kit. Instructions are wrong depicting the Master Warning Panels to be placed on top of the Glare Shield. I placed them in the correct location which is beneath the Glare Shield. Next, I will add the wiring harness that is also attached to the bottom of the Glare Shield.

Edited by Zorro
spelling errors