Detailing E14Y1

Hello colleagues! I'm going to do E14H1 "Glen" at 1:21, but there are reasons for this. But the data that I have is not enough. I am interested in the pilot's and navigator's dashboards. The location of the devices in both cabins. I know that there is a publication/book on this aircraft. Can anyone post drawings or photos that interest me.

I have a file that lists books, publications, etc. that contain aircraft drawings by Matsuba Minoru. It lists Model Art Special No. 565 "IJN Seaplanes" as having drawings for the E14Y1 Glen. That book may well include some photos that you're interested in.

The other that comes to mind is the Maru Mechanic series. I don't know if one of that series covered the Glen.

The Model Art may show up on

Zeroman ebay store. zeroman | eBay Stores

or

raidensamurai store. Japanese books Raidensamurai books | eBay Stores

or

overthebluehorizon store. OverTheBlueHorizon Bookseller | eBay Stores

I haven't been actively looking for those books for several years now but the above ebay sellers are from my saved sellers list.

Dave

Hi Mechanic,

Do you have Ryusuke Ishiguro and Tadeusz Januszewski’s books? For MMP books, they produced a book specifically about the Glen and a book about all Japanese submarine aircraft including the Glen. Links go to Nick Millman’s notices and reviews  at Aviation of Japan. The Glen book looks like it’s OOP but it’s available from online sellers. Millman and AOJ are great resources themselves.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks! I have the drawings for the aircraft. Some publications I have, some I have held in my hands. I am interested in the detailing /interior of the cockpit of the pilot and navigator. Yes, there is a book by Kugisho E14Y “Glen", by Ryusuke Ishiguro and Tadeusz Januszewski. I hope that it contains either drawings or photos of the cabin. Although this is only speculation. I have three drawings of the cockpit, from other sources, but they are contradictory.
And due to recent events, I cannot purchase this book. Alas...

Per the Aviation of Japan review of the Glen book, the included cockpit cutaway illustration is by Giuseppe Picarella. That’s Joe Picarella of The Cutaway Company. If you can’t get the book, try reaching out directly to the artist. Read his CV at the link, he sounds like a guy in the know.

Good luck.

Adam

Edited by adameliclem

2 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Per the Aviation of Japan review of the Glen book, the included cockpit cutaway illustration is by Giuseppe Picarella. That’s Joe Picarella of The Cutaway Company. If you can’t get the book, try reaching out directly to the artist.

Also check his gallery section, There is an example Glen cutaway there.

• 7 months later...

Colleagues, good afternoon! Returning to my topic. The book E14Y1 GLEN has an illustration by Giuseppe Picariello. The aircraft equipment is numbered there. There are numbers, but I don't have what it refers to. Can anyone send a description of the listed equipment?
I will be very grateful to you!